Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

steam cleaning walls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Didn't you apply biocide to your roof a while ago? What brand did you use as it doesn't sound like it's very effective?

Maybe softwash half and biocide other half and see how it fares in 12 months?
This is exactly what I have been saying hypo works for longer in the tests I did on my own properties and gave instant results unlike bio that takes weeks or months to work and there is no residual preventative with it as they claim .

But is there less risk with bio i.e hypo going on lead or other metals.
Yes I accept you need to be careful with lead , biocides do have there place but are just no ware near as good as the manufacturers hype them up to be , I know several who use them and I do on occasions, but you can never guarantee the results , but with hypo you can .

When using hypo at height then one should always have a look out to stop people walking by or telling the worker to stop. I had an instance when a Postman ducked in under the ledge I was spraying and hypo dripped on the back of his red coat. It happened so fast and I was up the ladder and had no chance to warn him. If it dripped down the back of his neck then I would have been finished. ?

When using hypo at height then one should always have a look out to stop people walking by or telling the worker to stop. I had an instance when a Postman ducked in under the ledge I was spraying and hypo dripped on the back of his red coat. It happened so fast and I was up the ladder and had no chance to warn him. If it dripped down the back of his neck then I would have been finished. ?
Alternatively cordon off the surrounding area. I'm not sure you are allowed to cordon off pavements but BT do, gas and electric workers do so I guess it's legal to do so.
H&S is important not just to yourself, other people's property and the general public.
Risk assessments are not just for commercial jobs, we all should do a risk assessment for each job. I'm not saying that we should do a full written one but more a mental one for each new job. Plus it's probably work having a 'standard' risk assessment covering how you do most of your work. That way you have proof you considered the risks and took steps to mitigate them.

After writing that it's made me think I should write myself one!

Many folk these days are wearing ear plugs listening to the radio or music and they don't even realise what's going on around them. They are just in zoombie mode resulting in accidents that's the reason I don't like wearing a listening device. ?

Many folk these days are wearing ear plugs listening to the radio or music and they don't even realise what's going on around them. They are just in zoombie mode resulting in accidents that's the reason I don't like wearing a listening device. ?
This is very true we do a lot of work for a commercial company and it’s in the contract that staff arnt allowed to use ear pieces or headphones due to this reason .

This is very true we do a lot of work for a commercial company and it’s in the contract that staff arnt allowed to use ear pieces or headphones due to this reason .
How about bone conducting headsets? They don't block your ears so you can still hear what is going on around you. I would guess they are not allowed and lets face it you wouldn't want to jeopardise a decent contract.
Bone conducting headphones are a good compromise as they don't go over or in your ears but just sit against your skull just in front of your ears and you hear the sound through your head. They are quite impressive but lack a bit of bass.
I find I work quicker when a decent track comes on so try and have good playlists :) ?

How about bone conducting headsets? They don't block your ears so you can still hear what is going on around you. I would guess they are not allowed and lets face it you wouldn't want to jeopardise a decent contract.
Bone conducting headphones are a good compromise as they don't go over or in your ears but just sit against your skull just in front of your ears and you hear the sound through your head. They are quite impressive but lack a bit of bass.
I find I work quicker when a decent track comes on so try and have good playlists :) ?
No idea about them never Hurd of them to be honest it just states no ear pieces or headphones to be used whilst working on their properties ,due to H&S issues .

They look like this: (no it's no me in the picy ? ? ? )
2020-aftershockz-openmove-wireless-bone-conduction-headphones-worn1.jpg

I biocide my roof every year with Q Clear. It looks great but just noticed green algae right below the East facing solar panels the West is fine. The only difference is the East panels are near the bottom of the roof because of a large velux window where the West panels are at the top near the ridge. I think that's the reason or algae prefers the East side. Don't really need to spray roof each year but I do because it's my own.
well, thats a proper lie if i ever saw one, last year you were on about wet and forget and how good it is and now q clear and you've used it for who long?,

mate honestly, you need to get a grip on what you post as people remember and, sadly some take your advice you've done the courses even have a c&g certificate but nothing seems to have sunk in,
i'll just leave it here,

We had a schoolboy wearing them walk straight across a level crossing and a train hit him. We later found out that's the reason he never heard the train signal.

well, thats a proper lie if i ever saw one, last year you were on about wet and forget and how good it is and now q clear and you've used it for who long?,

mate honestly, you need to get a grip on what you post as people remember and, sadly some take your advice you've done the courses even have a c&g certificate but nothing seems to have sunk in,
i'll just leave it here,
Wet & Forget was sold out a few years ago so I move on to Q clear because I was getting 20% off so like I do I stocked up on it. Look get off my case and don't read my posts or block me. I'm fed up with people running their life around me on the forum. I'm here to help folk but a tiny few like yourself are so jealous that I'm doing great that you try and drag me down to your level. My house is paid off, My van is paid off, I have a grand a month pension and I make a grand a week cleaning and oddjobs. Why would I lie? I'm getting fed up with the naysayers and draggers, we don't need them nor want them on here, this forum wants folk to help each other, the other forum is for the likes of yourself to comment on. ?

ive turned away a few jobs were i couldent hypo or bio due to different reasons so was thinking it be a good thing to have option to steam insted a chap steamed 4 huge blocks of flats in my area charged 20k for the big ones per block 15k for smaller one council said no cems aloud was inpresseve watching them do it with mossmatic on poles up cherry pick feel it could open up new doors

Back