Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline 9kw

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

I’ve a few questions about this unit hopefully someone can help ! Looking too get one once van payed off
1 can heat output be adjusted on both summer and winter setting?

2 is it best to get twin operating so I can have one bleeding back in to tank to stop heater shutting down (I’m a sole trader)

3 best option plum in van diesel tank or separate?

Any info would be much appreciated

A wc I know is scared to use his 5kw as cracked window in winter saying heater too hot for winter but not hot enough for summer to make big difference got me concerned about heat output adjustment I’m a gas heater user and it’s nice to be able to adjust heat for job in hand as in winter I set it sometimes 35 on heater to just defrost glass enough to keep working but in summer I set to 70 some days other days tad less

I think most hot systems that have the summer or winter settings aren’t adjustable temp apart from those two setting s Grippatank 9 kw is different you can adjust is from cold right up to maximum temperature

I shouldn’t worry about cracking a pane I’ve been using hot water for years steam comes of while you are cleaning touch wood never had any cracked on me.I think in most cases when glass is cracked there is a weakness in it like a chip from a stone or a corner broke and don’t leave the brush long in one spot to long be confident with it and it will work well

Did a first clean today and heater was on for hours and returning to tank. Went out after lunch and the windows hadn't been done as house was lying empty. Gave all the windows a good soaking and then went back and started scrubbing away. Was actually surprised how quick it took me but it was all to do with temperature of pure. Well worth having 2 man 9Kw system so one is always returning to tank and having it plugged in to the van's diesel tank. Kiss (keep it simple Sam) and everything falls into place.

Ide luv the grippa one but it’s a long drive away to get it fitted and also if it goes wrong long way to get it sorted ? I’m really torn on witch one to go for

Ide luv the grippa one but it’s a long drive away to get it fitted and also if it goes wrong long way to get it sorted ? I’m really torn on witch one to go for
Not as far as me and I think they are the only team that come to your address to service it. I haven't looked back since I bought it and I copied reflexions at the time, think Paul had a Grippa system and he was the most successful guy on the forum. If you want to be the best then you need to copy the best, that's what life has told me.

just a few more questions how much does grippa charge for service and also how quick do they come out if theres a issue

I’ve a few questions about this unit hopefully someone can help ! Looking too get one once van payed off
1 can heat output be adjusted on both summer and winter setting?

2 is it best to get twin operating so I can have one bleeding back in to tank to stop heater shutting down (I’m a sole trader)

3 best option plum in van diesel tank or separate?

Any info would be much appreciated
1. No it’s either summer or winter
2. I would opt for the two man set up , it gives you scope to expand later if you want , and yes if it’s returning to tank it will keep the boiler running and heat up the tank gradually
3. van tank , separate tanks are a pain and you will get diesel smell inside the van

@Pjj if i have one pump running to recirculate thats like set very low can i use the second one and turn univalve off have a cuppa chat ect then tug hose start finishing off with out the heater shutting down aplogies for questions just trying to get best options that sute me

@Pjj if i have one pump running to recirculate thats like set very low can i use the second one and turn univalve off have a cuppa chat ect then tug hose start finishing off with out the heater shutting down aplogies for questions just trying to get best options that sute me
Mine is a Grippatank one but the principal is the same , yes what you are saying will work you don't need to have the return to tank on a low setting you can have it on what ever you want , but it could shut the boiler down if the return flow is to low as the temperature in the exchanger s will increase and the boiler will then shut down so if the flow return is similar to the pole you have been using it will keep running

Yes you can but if it's freezing cold, you take 20 minutes for your tea and chat, and you have a lot of hose out it will take time for the hot to get to the brush head again.

I shouldn’t worry about cracking a pane I’ve been using hot water for years steam comes of while you are cleaning touch wood never had any cracked on me.I think in most cases when glass is cracked there is a weakness in it like a chip from a stone or a corner broke and don’t leave the brush long in one spot to long be confident with it and it will work well
I have had one customer contact us accusing us of cracking a pane. I paid for it, because it’s just easier. Another one I watched crack when the water touched it, wasn’t even that cold, say +5 that day!

Trouble with streamline is there allways more expensive ? grippa 5k fitted and I like there system streamline good system but no adjustment problem looking close to 7k ?‍♂️

just a few more questions how much does grippa charge for service and also how quick do they come out if theres a issue
I pay £700 for a service which includes new Carb/Sed filter, Resin, glow plug and anything else I need. Oliver comes to me when he is on holiday in Scotland. Any problems and I email or send him a video and he usually tells me what's wrong over the phone or zoom call. My problem is I break stuff when I'm trying to fix stuff. Last time I changed a pump over and cut a bolt out. the hot end fell on my frost stat cable so I needed a new frost stat. If i had placed cloths below then I would have been fine.

A wc I know is scared to use his 5kw as cracked window in winter saying heater too hot for winter but not hot enough for summer to make big difference got me concerned about heat output adjustment I’m a gas heater user and it’s nice to be able to adjust heat for job in hand as in winter I set it sometimes 35 on heater to just defrost glass enough to keep working but in summer I set to 70 some days other days tad less

You could also consider using fan jets to distribute the heat a bit.

Latest Posts

Back