Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline 9kw

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I pay £700 for a service which includes new Carb/Sed filter, Resin, glow plug and anything else I need. Oliver comes to me when he is on holiday in Scotland. Any problems and I email or send him a video and he usually tells me what's wrong over the phone or zoom call. My problem is I break stuff when I'm trying to fix stuff. Last time I changed a pump over and cut a bolt out. the hot end fell on my frost stat cable so I needed a new frost stat. If i had placed cloths below then I would have been fine.
So Oliver doesn't come all the way up to Scotland just to service your boiler and r/o system. If he wasn't coming to Scotland on holiday, then what?

Trouble with streamline is there allways more expensive ? grippa 5k fitted and I like there system streamline good system but no adjustment problem looking close to 7k ?‍♂️
Personally don’t think 5 kw is man enough it will give warm water at best go for the 9kw it’s not that much dearer but way better

I pay £700 for a service which includes new Carb/Sed filter, Resin, glow plug and anything else I need. Oliver comes to me when he is on holiday in Scotland. Any problems and I email or send him a video and he usually tells me what's wrong over the phone or zoom call. My problem is I break stuff when I'm trying to fix stuff. Last time I changed a pump over and cut a bolt out. the hot end fell on my frost stat cable so I needed a new frost stat. If i had placed cloths below then I would have been fine.

How long does it last before you need a new one? How much diesil does it use in a month ?. Say you work 11 months realisticly a year when you include holidays and weather. That's £64 a month just servicing. Say you change it every 5 years for a newer and better model that's around another £70 a month. So your £134 a month before you add fuel on to it. How much houses do you currently do on a monthly basis ? It might be costing you around £2 a house on that expense alone.

How long does it last before you need a new one? How much diesil does it use in a month ?. Say you work 11 months realisticly a year when you include holidays and weather. That's £64 a month just servicing. Say you change it every 5 years for a newer and better model that's around another £70 a month. So your £134 a month before you add fuel on to it. How much houses do you currently do on a monthly basis ? It might be costing you around £2 a house on that expense alone.
I don't think you need to replace the heater anytime soon aslong as you get it serviced regularly. I don't need to buy resin anytime in the year, all I need to do is buy a £40 filter in January as it get's changed with the service the other 6 months. I believe its well worth it and Oliver comes to my home to service it. You could run it for 5 to 6 years without a service and then buy a new one for £2k. I can make £200 to £600 a day depending what I'm doing so the money isn't my problem, reliability is. At mechanic today, need a power steering pump (£140) and a oil pump or cooler (£40) and will be fitted soon. In the end one needs a reliable system and van or we don't have a business.

So Oliver doesn't come all the way up to Scotland just to service your boiler and r/o system. If he wasn't coming to Scotland on holiday, then what?
He would need to holiday at mine ?. No, just by chance I got the system fitted in the summer holidays so worked out well. When he is up here on holiday he does quite a few so its a win win situation. They do have a satellite station at Glenrothes where I could take it to.

I don't think you need to replace the heater anytime soon aslong as you get it serviced regularly. I don't need to buy resin anytime in the year, all I need to do is buy a £40 filter in January as it get's changed with the service the other 6 months. I believe its well worth it and Oliver comes to my home to service it. You could run it for 5 to 6 years without a service and then buy a new one for £2k. I can make £200 to £600 a day depending what I'm doing so the money isn't my problem, reliability is. At mechanic today, need a power steering pump (£140) and a oil pump or cooler (£40) and will be fitted soon. In the end one needs a reliable system and van or we don't have a business.

You don't make £200 to £600 everyday though. How much houses do you currently have? It's your money and you can spend it how you please, il not lie and say I wouldn't like it to keep my hands warm on days like today. Just seems a big expense for not alot of return. Aslong as your happy with it that's all that matters in the end. We l spend money on things that other people would think that it's not needed.

You don't make £200 to £600 everyday though. How much houses do you currently have? It's your money and you can spend it how you please, il not lie and say I wouldn't like it to keep my hands warm on days like today. Just seems a big expense for not alot of return. Aslong as your happy with it that's all that matters in the end. We l spend money on things that other people would think that it's not needed.
Aye but I'm a jack of all trades. Just priced bird proofing solar panels and PW a roof at £1200. I could do it in a day if i had too. Once you have all the gear then it makes life alot easier. Also have a £900 a month Fire Service pension coming in so my priority is quality of life. If I can have someone at the end of a phone for technical support as long as I get my system serviced each year then I'm all for it. As one gets older time becomes far more important than money. ?

Personally don’t think 5 kw is man enough it will give warm water at best go for the 9kw it’s not that much dearer but way better
Apologies meant 9kw boiler. But £5.000 to fit buy grippa and streamline will want £7.000 to probably just supply ?‍♂️

Trouble is there is the glass is not in a frame I’m convinced it’s frame that’s twisted can crack the glass
I think it's also the way the glass is 'packed' into the frame. The packers limit expansion where they touch the sealed units, so I think that may also be a factor on heat cracks - more like stress cracks from tight packers or pre existing chips.

Aye but I'm a jack of all trades. Just priced bird proofing solar panels and PW a roof at £1200. I could do it in a day if i had too. Once you have all the gear then it makes life alot easier. Also have a £900 a month Fire Service pension coming in so my priority is quality of life. If I can have someone at the end of a phone for technical support as long as I get my system serviced each year then I'm all for it. As one gets older time becomes far more important than money. ?
Forever contradicting yourself.
Boast constantly how busy you are and are working 7 days a week, then a few days later it’s ‘time is more important than money’ ??

You could also consider using fan jets to distribute the heat a bit.

The issues I've had this year are clearly down to faulty panes. I don't think distributing the heat would have made a difference, it was failing glass and bad luck.

The one that the customer accused us after the fact I agreed to change. I also cancelled her which she was gutted about. I explained it wasn't the systems fault and I was doing it as a gesture of goodwill. I couldn't risk it happening again and I know she has failing panes now. I was quoted something extortionate like £200. Then one of my customers called and asked me to clean a Conny roof on a job he had done (property maintenance company) I did that and he changed the glass. Cost me £20.50 for the glass itself. The second one already had a bunch of cracked panes and were warned in advance that we can't accept responsibility for any cracks.

When one thinks about how glass is made then hot water shouldn't make much difference. When something freezes it contracts so it could be the frame contracts and the unit stays the same putting pressure on the glass. Maybe that's the reason it can pop when we clean it.

Latest Posts

Back