Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streemline Echo system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Declan09

Good afternoon

I am thinking of purchasing a Streemline Eco van system 500L DI.I have not seen any reviews as anyone purchased one?
I am fed up with the split charge relays always have to charge my battery at the end of the week only do short journeys and is the expense of the euro 6 relay worth the outlay?

Declan

Good afternoon

I am thinking of purchasing a Streemline Eco van system 500L DI.I have not seen any reviews as anyone purchased one?
I am fed up with the split charge relays always have to charge my battery at the end of the week only do short journeys and is the expense of the euro 6 relay worth the outlay?

Declan

I'm afraid no one can make any of these decisions for you.

When looking for a tank in our early wfp days, we basically had the choice between a flat tank and an upright tank. It would always be an upright tank for me due to the tank's smaller footprint.

We still use wheeled petal hose reels rather than a fixed hose reel in the van. We can wheel them out the back of a property and lay down hose around corners back to the van. We can also point the hose reel in the required direction.
I would not want a fixed hose reel like the system you are looking at. But this is my personal opinion. I watched a windie with a fixed hose reel in his van and I could see it just wasn't working for him.

I would want a system that could easily be converted to a 2-man system.

I would prefer a Shurflo pump.

I can't exactly see where they have mounted the controller, but it looks like it's at the back of the tank, so is it easily accessible? I want to have my controllers at the back doors.

Your comments about your split charge relay made me ask if the following on their webpage sparked your interest; "No need of complex split charge required."
What they are doing is using a small, 'golf cart' size battery to run the system for 8 hours continuous. They supply their smaller pump, which uses less current to achieve that. I'm not sure how 'rugged' their pump is tbh.
You still have to take that battery indoors every night to recharge it. It will however be lighter than a lead acid battery, but would I want to charge any battery indoors, lithium or lead acid?

Your comment,
I am fed up with the split charge relays always have to charge my battery at the end of the week only do short journeys
tells me that you might need to relax a little and not get stressed out about the small issues you have, and count your proverbial blessings. Please don't take offence at this comment of mine.

I'm able to park my van on my driveway, so running an extension out for my outside socket is no problem. Over winter, I have to put a heater in the back anyway. But this might be a problem for you due to your circumstances.

There is no perfect solution to any of our problems. We will always have to make choices considering our circumstances and round.

Again, only you can decide if you need a Euro6 van for your round and your situation.
I would always say that if your current van is working well and looks presentable, then stick with it. But if your round consists mainly of customers in LEZ areas or your van is 'on it's last legs', then you might be forced into a purchase decision.

Last edited:
Streamline systems going off what little I've heard aint all that well built,

Split charge relay aka scr isn't going to charge your battery only doing short journeys.

Look for a better built system if you need a new system

Latest Posts

Back