Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling To Get Pressure Washer Jobs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

exactly jimbob, i havent had chance yet, ive took that off now, no takers anyway, once you have done one and by the size you will know about water usage, how much sand to price up, awkward areas, if you would need a fsc , it all comes down to hands on experience. im going to try and see if any chaps up here will take me out one day for free. ill pretend i live out the area or they might not want me to get any tips.

I think, in general, it is hard to get a regular supply of pressure washing jobs. Over the years a lot of people have thought it would be a good add-on to window cleaning but find they spend (waste?) so much time chasing the work that it becomes counter productive.

Roofs Roofs Roofs Roofs

Thatts were the money is, i clean at least 1 a week every week or should i say we do, you can charge £250 a day minimum, dont do it for less.

I would say a brain removal tool and leave it on the floor as more likely than not it will end up there anyways

Why on earth would anyone risk their life like that beats me. Most roof cleaners I've seen have a total disregard towards their own safety and consistently break HSE law just to keep the cost down.

its ok on bungalows, i wouldnt go walking along house roofs. bad enough climing ladders to clean gutters.id probably freeze end up on youtube. l o l

i have an employee so cant take any risks, double storey or above get quick scaffold on and we always wear a safety harness with a fall arrestor this is always tied into the chimney or onto the roof ladder which will have a wire down opposite side and drilled into wall, only one off us does the powerwashing the other is moving hoses ,ladders etc all the time, on bungalows we dont scaffold but the fall arrestor and harness always worn and roof ladder i wired into house wall and clipped in using r clips, we fill hole in wall with silicone sealant after job done if punter wont let us drill into wall he has too pay for full scaffold off house, an extra £300 on the job so usually they dont moan, so for roofs you need

Scaffolding

fall arrestor x 2

safety harnessx2

power washer hoses lance etc

2 x7 m stage ladders

1 x roof ladder

drill , r clips , safety wire, rawl bolts

so now you can see why my avg roof price is around £400 the pikeys appear and do it the dangerous way , me never!!!

Back