Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suggestions for an important piece of kit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In my opinion, when the weather gets cold and wet and there’s frost on the grass, both of those shoes/boots will be useless. 

Waterproof footwear is the order of the day ?

British army extreme cold weather boots

Can't beat them

Never have cold or wet feet all winter

Screenshot_20181001-234705_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After 17 winters and trying various boots over the years, when its cold and wet this autumn and winter I will be wearing short ankle boot wellies might sound daft but after the beast from the east hit and I got back to work I wore my wellies for a few days whilst there was loads of slushy snow about feet were warm and dry, Also have some Keen winter hiking boots good down to -25 for the more favorable days 

Standard steel toe capped boots, tradesman type. Can pick them up in LIDLS for £17? A pair. The laces are good quality and they’re really soft on the ankles. Pretty good at keeping water out also. They usually come in a tan or blue colour. I get the tan colour because i wear tan coloured work trousers. Screwfix also do similar pairs for around £30 if lidls dont have any. I have a separate pair of waterproof steel toe cap wellies for pressure washing. My brother is the same as we buy identical kit. At the end of the day your legs are dead as they are a bit lead like, but its always worth having steel toe caps. When we were knackered one day we were lifting the lawn mower out of the van (its pretty hefty and takes two men to get it off) we dropped it from a low ish height on my brothers foot. Probably would have been a broken toe had he not had steel toe caps. Same goes for pressure washers, large adjustable spanners, backpacks, cordless drills, anything with a bit of weight behind it is gonna hurt. Top tip -buy spare boot laces and keep them in the glove department. In the winter the laces are constantly damp & sometimes break.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've been using Berghaus Explorer GTX (Gore-Tex) walking boots for years. They are comfy and waterproof and usually last around 18 months of daily use before they start letting water in. I'm leaning towards safety boots now as I'm worried about dropping a hosereel or battery on my foot. Just wanting to find a pair of waterproof, safety boots, that are light and comfortable enough to wear all day, every day.

Great thread actually. I'm wearing Karrimor at moment sitting here typing this, hate them cheap as sh*t. They were cheaper than Skechers which I used to wear so I tried them, big mistake. I'm going back to Skechers as they are so comfortable.

Great thread actually. I'm wearing Karrimor at moment sitting here typing this, hate them cheap as sh*t. They were cheaper than Skechers which I used to wear so I tried them, big mistake. I'm going back to Skechers as they are so comfortable.
I had a great pair of Karrimor ksb's once. Paid £32 for them and they lasted 5 years. But i've heard they have gone downhill in recent years.

I had a great pair of Karrimor ksb's once. Paid £32 for them and they lasted 5 years. But i've heard they have gone downhill in recent years.
I got ones for the gym few years ago for knock down price, they looked good but just gave no support so binned them. As Skechers are so pricey I decided to give them another go thinking just walking around would be fine but I just don't like them. I'm walking around all day, need good support for the feet and good soles for the back and IMO the Karrimors that i had didn't provide that. I went for the cheaper option and didn't work out for me. Time to pay 80 or 90 quid for Skechers yikes!!!!

Currently wearing a pair, had them for a year and about to replace them with another pair. Not easy finding reasonably priced size 12 / 13's 

Back