Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sunglasses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I bought these as I wanted polarised also for using them when fishing!. they have been great well made

I've also got a set of Bolle which are really comfortable but a bit more expensive I just checked my Amazon I bought them end 2022 and they also have been faultless I bought them when they were £36 but they are now £42
these ones

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought these as I wanted polarised also for using them when fishing!. they have been great well made

Ye I got some polarised sunglasses a few years back and they have been great. They were advertised as fishing glasses. I’ve found that you can see marks on upstairs windows that you can’t see without them with windows in direct sunlight plus the constant glare of the sun bouncing off the glass is not good for your eyes.

I've also got a set of Bolle which are really comfortable but a bit more expensive I just checked my Amazon I bought them end 2022 and they also have been faultless I bought them when they were £36 but they are now £42
these ones

We used to get theses years ago from a ppe supplier for £12 they were brilliant but the firm shut down and haven’t seen them since , might try googling them to see if any other ppe suppliers sell them , we used to get issued them from the fire service for use on the ALP years ago but again haven’t had any for a while

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oakley scratch to easily , they are nice but grossly overpriced I have ray bans for best .

I've just ordered a pair of Oakleys with thin metal frames,prism polarised in blue.£259!but they will be quality!my last oakleys lasted over 8 years!plus I'll be putting it down as an expense!(PPE)😎👍

I've just ordered a pair of Oakleys with thin metal frames,prism polarised in blue.£259!but they will be quality!my last oakleys lasted over 8 years!plus I'll be putting it down as an expense!(PPE)😎👍
I find the ones that have the lense coatings scratch very easily the ones that don’t have the coating are much better

Last edited:
I find the ones that have the lense coatings scratch very easily the ones that don’t have the coating are much better

I look after my sunglasses especially when I pay good money for them.my last ones were coated and last 8+ years until i dropped them and accidentally stood on the frames!they were taken abroad 17 times!I do also have another oakley pair that were cheaper but wider,plastic frames.i love them,they also grip well on my head.expensive yes but they look great and last 👍

Heyyyyyy thanks Austin just had a look and found the ones I was talking about earlier 😂😂
Bollè were a British army standard issue at one point in time. I buy them for safety mainly however they are brilliant affordable sunglasses.
If you happen to sit on them when you've stupidly left them on your seat it's not a vast cost to replace them.

Hopefully it will still be relatively soft I would scrape the worst off then just a bit of washing up liquid scrub and rinse should be fine

We used to get theses years ago from a ppe supplier for £12 they were brilliant but the firm shut down and haven’t seen them since , might try googling them to see if any other ppe suppliers sell them , we used to get issued them from the fire service for use on the ALP years ago but again haven’t had any for a while
If you find them let us know as they are the best ones I've had and have also been great for fishing being polarized
worse case if I need another pair I can buy them off Amazon

Back