Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Teesside Window Cleaner passed away in accident

WCF

Help Support WCF:

spruce

The Sprucefather
Sadly a vehicle accident has taken the life of a local window cleaner.

I didn't know him but he worked for Teesside Window Cleaning and was in one of their vans at the time.

To his friends and family, please accept my condolences. RIP

No mention of how the accident happened, really shocking of the owner to say "I wish his family all the best" and that he has still got his staff out working because you just have to keep going don't you.

How many people are killed and hurt on our roads? Every death and serious injury on the road is a preventable tragedy and yet, on average, five people die every day on the road in the UK and 84 are seriously injured [1].

No mention of how the accident happened, really shocking of the owner to say "I wish his family all the best" and that he has still got his staff out working because you just have to keep going don't you.
Notice how he only gave his name as HAZ. Why not his full name?

I feel sorry for the guys family , will be interesting though to find out the cause of the accident, and who if anyone is to blame
I'm curious to know if all the systems in his vans are professionally fitted and in this very sad accident if the driver was killed because of the tank moving, of course, I don't want to just speculate and make assumptions

I'm curious to know if all the systems in his vans are professionally fitted and in in this very sad accident if the driver was killed because of the water moving, of course I don't want to just speculate and make assumptions
I was thinking exactly the same but wouldn’t want to speculate and cast aspersions against someone without any evidence

If its the same company, harunh from here is the owner and he posted it for sale on Facebook recently, maybe even this morning if I remember correctly

I don't know what I'd do in that scenario, sending the guys out the following day is going to get him talked about in a bad way by the customers though. If its domestic work I bet they will get a few comments saying they didnt thinkbthey would see them today.I know if a death happens at work on building sites they usually go home that day. It's back to work the following day though. It's probably the first time the guys been in this position too so he might look back in hindsight and think I should have done this or that.

If the owner can afford it then I'd like to think he's offered some sort of financial help with the funeral if it's needed, although appreciate he might not be in a position to do so.

I don't know what I'd do in that scenario, sending the guys out the following day is going to get him talked about in a bad way by the customers though. If its domestic work I bet they will get a few comments saying they didnt thinkbthey would see them today.I know if a death happens at work on building sites they usually go home that day. It's back to work the following day though. It's probably the first time the guys been in this position too so he might look back in hindsight and think I should have done this or that.

If the owner can afford it then I'd like to think he's offered some sort of financial help with the funeral if it's needed, although appreciate he might not be in a position to do so.
It’s a difficult situation as an employer to face , quite probably he is totally innocent with regards to the accident , and feels bad about what’s happened, but as he has apparently said things do have to continue it’s a fine line between being seen as callous or caring in theses situations, very difficult to know what the right course of action is , if it’s a “ normal RTC “ then unfortunately theses things do happen , if it is a fault with the vehicle or the way it’s fitted out then that’s a completely different kettle of fish but it’s not right that we speculate at this stage it will obviously be investigated , I feel sorry both for the family and the employer as it’s a
terrible thing to have to deal with .

I also feel bad for speculating but it feels unethical to me to try and sell a business just days after an employee had died without mentioning it at all to potential buyers, he commented today saying that vans would be sold etc - at the very least I'd like to think I would hold off on the sale...

That said, while I was digging I also found that his company cleaned windows that belonged to another window cleaner and posted a slip requesting payment as though the customer was theirs, so his morals are questionable

Latest Posts

Back