Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The new season is upon us!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windows95

Can't bloody wait for the footy to start again tonight.

Who you you support and how do you think you'll fare this season?

Hoping for automatic promotion for my lot.

Happy Friday ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_163105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_163105_Samsung Internet.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
Yeh I have had a season ticket at Millwall for over 35 years and really looking forward to meeting my millwall mates who I haven’t seen all summer as we live in different places.
Absolutely love match day for pre drinking and off to The Den.
I’m hoping we go one step further this season and get to the playoffs

Yeh I have had a season ticket at Millwall for over 35 years and really looking forward to meeting my millwall mates who I haven’t seen all summer as we live in different places.
Absolutely love match day for pre drinking and off to The Den.
I’m hoping we go one step further this season and get to the playoffs
Nothing like a day at the football with your pals on the ale train.

Good manager you've got there, seem to be a well-ran club.

Quite optimistic about our chances domestically this season. Making champions league will be a tough ask, if we make it to the final play off itl be either psv or Marseille. If we do manage to get past that into the champions league a good majority of sides can absolutely skud you.

If it wasn't for the difference in money between the champions league groups and the europa league groups then I'd much prefer to be in the europa league where the gulf in class isn't as big between us and the sides in there. Although there's still a good few sides who could give you a doing there too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230804_204408_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_204408_Gallery.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
Quite optimistic about our chances domestically this season. Making champions league will be a tough ask, if we make it to the final play off itl be either psv or Marseille. If we do manage to get past that into the champions league a good majority of sides can absolutely skud you.

If it wasn't for the difference in money between the champions league groups and the europa league groups then I'd much prefer to be in the europa league where the gulf in class isn't as big between us and the sides in there. Although there's still a good few sides who could give you a doing there too.
I guess in Europa you might expect it to be a bit more competitive, nick a couple of wins at home maybe.

I've not followed footy up there in a long time. I remember in the late 90s/00s there were some serious players in that league. Negri for you scored a ridiculous amount one year if I remember correctly

I love my football but do enjoy the summer off it. I went to watch the tennis in Eastbourne a few weeks ago, like my F1 & watched Wimbledon on telly most evenings and weekends.

I’ve got my ticket for bournemouth against west game next weekend.
I wanna do more away days this season, just did Southampton away, Brighton away & arsenal away last season. My plan is to do Tottenham away, Fulham away & city away (5-0 L Probably ?) I’m excited to see what this new manager has got. I think bournemouth will finish 16th. ?

I love my football but do enjoy the summer off it. I went to watch the tennis in Eastbourne a few weeks ago, like my F1 & watched Wimbledon on telly most evenings and weekends.

I’ve got my ticket for bournemouth against west game next weekend.
I wanna do more away days this season, just did Southampton away, Brighton away & arsenal away last season. My plan is to do Tottenham away, Fulham away & city away (5-0 L Probably ?) I’m excited to see what this new manager has got. I think bournemouth will finish 16th. ?
My Mrs loves F1 I just can't get into it despite trying.

Gary O'Neil was brilliant for us at 36 years old, one of the fittest pros I've seen at that age, could've played longer!

Survival is the aim, ridiculous how much money most teams.throw around these days.

I miss away days! As soon as my lad is old enough he'll be coming, last season took him on a few times but he's only 4 so gets bored.

Good luck for the season

Fellow bolton fan here. I'm expecting top 2 for us, good squad & settled for a few seasons now. Tried to go to game this weekend coming but sold out!!
I think anything other than that would be a bad season.

It's a weaker league this year, on paper anyway. We look like we've got got more depth of the bench which will hopefully see us through.

I guess in Europa you might expect it to be a bit more competitive, nick a couple of wins at home maybe.

I've not followed footy up there in a long time. I remember in the late 90s/00s there were some serious players in that league. Negri for you scored a ridiculous amount one year if I remember correctly

That summer back then only man united spent more that summer transfer window than we did. We could still compete with the English sides for players and our side back then would comfortably compete with the top epl sides.

The money the epl started generating was ridiculous though and they have pulled into a different world from where we operate, our wage bills 55 million or there abouts, I'd bet that would be one of the lowest in the epl. Bottom 3 anyway, which gives you an indication of where we would finish in that league with the current squad. The gap even between the bigger leagues like Spain and Italy isn't getting shorter, the gap is widening between what the epl generates money wise. So english sides will be dominating for the foreseeable future.

We had the England gk and the England captain in our side at ine point not so long ago. Imagine Harry kane playing in the spl now lol. I'd imagine some championship clubs have more resources money wise than us these days.

Drew 2-2 with psv tonight in the champions league qualifier, I'd have probably taken that score before the game, still in the tie going into the second leg. They are a better side than us tbh, but we'll get a couple of chances over there so I'd probably give us a 30% chance to go through.

Latest Posts

Back