Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of giving up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

By far the cheapest and easiest thing you can do is post to FB buy and sell group. Hammer them 2-3 times a day and you will pick up a few jobs a week.

The only problem is now they must be getting wise to it as I've been banned a dozen times this last year.

By far the cheapest and easiest thing you can do is post to FB buy and sell group. Hammer them 2-3 times a day and you will pick up a few jobs a week.
The only problem is now they must be getting wise to it as I've been banned a dozen times this last year.
I got a load off Community Groups one especially I am ranked one on Google in that area mainly due to the jobs I picked up from that Group which linked them to my Website, they have now banned advertising but I am sufficiently ranked on Google in that area now so it doesn't matter I didn't do well out of buy and sell probably because it drops down the list quickly but as Adam says might work if you batter it but that goes for everything. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, facebook, website, Yell, give 2 Business Cards to new Customers and even carry on canvassing it might not feel like it but spring is here there's a lot if competition but if you do a better job than anyone and people spread the word you will win it's not over night but you'll get there.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The difference is though dude, they have pensions, sick pay, 4 weeks paid holiday, paternity leave, compassionate leave. That means a lot even on minimum wage.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
If he is only working 2 days a week and earning £200+ then he is far better off 5 days of a week over a year is 250 days off.

Non of us want anyone to reveal how much they earn or how many hours they work and so on. But a general idea of circumstances would help in the some cases.

I have worked my butt off trying to get more customers but no matter what I do I can’t get new customers. It’s driving me crazy and I’m seriously thinking of knocking it all on the head as I’m not making much at all. Makes me wonder how people are flatout 

My mate started cleaning pvc last month and has 30 customers on same street once a year. He chapped doors and handed them a leaflet. Told them he was cleaning the neighbours and it snowballed.

You need to get out and chap doors, then if it doesn't work, change jobs because this one isn't for you.

The best thing that worked for me is a well set up website. I personally think it’s better to use the area you want to work in your company name rather than Johns window cleaning. Most people search google first and use Bracknell window cleaning or whatever. If that’s your company name it’ll get you moved up the rankings on Google quicker. I’m normally the first site people come to on google locally. 

I’d also say working on Saturdays if possible is also a good way of finding new work.

Good luck

Well thank you everyone. Some very good advice. The last week I have picked up a good load of new customers. I made a video of me cleaning gutters today and put it on my fb page. My inbox have been flatout ????

You will have  :1f4a9: weeks but don't let it get you down.. silly season is here and you will soon build up

Yes I’m buzzing now as it’s starting to pick up. I have had some very good feedback and have people booking in cos of the good jobs I have done to there friends house. Putting money aside now to get my van sign written so fingers crossed that will be soon ??

Well thank you everyone. Some very good advice. The last week I have picked up a good load of new customers. I made a video of me cleaning gutters today and put it on my fb page. My inbox have been flatout ????
That's the great thing about building these business's, it gives you a real buzz when things are going great.

It'll be so worth it mate just keep plugging away and learning as you go.

More power to you!

What a difference a week or two in this game makes...lol

So true.

You have **** weeks, but then a good week comes along and all is forgotten.

I was panicking the other week with the bad weather then last week had a record week and picked up new work..

Don't judge it by the day or the week, look at it each month or few months and see how far you've come.

So true.

You have **** weeks, but then a good week comes along and all is forgotten.

I was panicking the other week with the bad weather then last week had a record week and picked up new work..

Don't judge it by the day or the week, look at it each month or few months and see how far you've come.

Couldn’t agree with you more. It’s a feast or a famine. Sometimes there’s so much on you can’t get it done fast enough, other times i feel like i couldn’t find gold in a jewellery store!

Back