Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of starting up my own round advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

He knows as he's knocked them all!
From nothing he's now got a solid round of 11 houses a month at £4.50 per house!

Go Wakefield!

:rofl::rofl:

Haha, its been a slog for sure...approaching 250 at an average of £12 now

I`ll get there eventually, just want 300 to complete my wakefield mission then will start looking further affield and decide whats next...

But if it can be done in wakefield it can be done anywhere, local windy on my street charges £4.50!

Haha, its been a slog for sure...approaching 250 at an average of £12 now
I`ll get there eventually, just want 300 to complete my wakefield mission then will start looking further affield and decide whats next...

But if it can be done in wakefield it can be done anywhere, local windy on my street charges £4.50!
Wow £4.50. That would not get me out of bed in the morning.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Funny is that craig, ive mentioned this before but i used to know a guy who charges around a fiver a house, has a few lads working for him. Its all cash collection under the table type business. He was raking in a grand a week and putting minimum wage through his books, mortgage paid for in cash etc.

These types are cheap but have the monopoly, house after house in a row sewn up, all trad, little costs and overheads and whilst us doing it legit have to charge twice as much or more to compete after expenses.

Funny is that craig, ive mentioned this before but i used to know a guy who charges around a fiver a house, has a few lads working for him. Its all cash collection under the table type business. He was raking in a grand a week and putting minimum wage through his books, mortgage paid for in cash etc.
These types are cheap but have the monopoly, house after house in a row sewn up, all trad, little costs and overheads and whilst us doing it legit have to charge twice as much or more to compete after expenses.
We have a guy like that here. He has about 10 cars all out trading each day. With there dirty rags drying on the windscreen. They under cut every one and so on. I like to run my business by the book. Things all done properly. That way you can't go wrong. But I bet they don't have the right insurances.

We have a guy like that here. He has about 10 cars all out trading each day. With there dirty rags drying on the windscreen. They under cut every one and so on. I like to run my business by the book. Things all done properly. That way you can't go wrong. But I bet they don't have the right insurances.
probably not, but i bet the customers dont even know his address, and if anything gets damaged he will be long gone and as its cash it never happened.

I think times are slowly changing with the advent of wfp and online banking etc but it will be many a year until its stamped out if ever.

There is always work out there. I Window Cleaned from school. Then 5 years ago I moved area and was forced into full time employment. January last year I decided I wanted to be a WC again so quit my job and bought a very small round and WFP equipment. At the same time another local lad wanted out of his Morrisons job so went part time and started canvassing. We have both successfully grown our Rounds and both quit our previous jobs fully. This is despite being in a rural area where the biggest town holds maybe 10000 houses. We have many variety of WC, from a 70 yr old boy who charges £3 a semi right up to a local company who build Rounds and buy vans and employ lads and want all the work. My point being we have still found work and built our Rounds through hard work and good advertising methods. Like has been mentioned use the search bar on this forum and work hard at it and it is achievable.

Best wishes.

Back