Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Today’s little adventure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We started off doing them the 1st method but changed to the 2nd method last time and it's a lot quicker that way, it is however rough on the neck as the walkway is only narrow
Do you run the hose through one bit of railing and drag along walkway so single vertical hose run or up the stairs or over the bannister of walkway and move hose along as you work? I do a couple of upstairs flats with stairs/landings but 17 blocks would be something else! ??

Do you run the hose through one bit of railing and drag along walkway so single vertical hose run or up the stairs or over the bannister of walkway and move hose along as you work? I do a couple of upstairs flats with stairs/landings but 17 blocks would be something else! ??
We tie the hose on the railing and reach with pole hose so nothing really a trip hazard. The balconies cover 2 blocks so I pole downstairs and make sure to tell my son if any residents climb the stairs.
Each block is 8 maisonettes and we can do 4 blocks without moving. Takes 20 minutes, per block, to start off with, and 35 minutes towards the end of the day. Round the back, with the garden fences, we need the 44' pole so it's a long hard day.
When we first started doing them we were paid £68.50 a block. Get more nowadays but because of the initial price I still hate the job.

We tie the hose on the railing and reach with pole hose so nothing really a trip hazard. The balconies cover 2 blocks so I pole downstairs and make sure to tell my son if any residents climb the stairs.
Each block is 8 maisonettes and we can do 4 blocks without moving. Takes 20 minutes, per block, to start off with, and 35 minutes towards the end of the day. Round the back, with the garden fences, we need the 44' pole so it's a long hard day.
When we first started doing them we were paid £68.50 a block. Get more nowadays but because of the initial price I still hate the job.
I’m trying to get the windows on the job where you were working opposite when I did the floor cleaning
Nice 7 blocks in total if I get it

Last edited:
Do you have to do the internal courtyard windows as well, if you do is it with a trolley or is there a safe way to get the hoses in
Yeah the whole thing, there’s an access gate bottom left hand corner of building 1 to run hoses, building 2 is road facing. Without 40 full size traffic cones and an entire 500m roll of barrier tape would have been an absolute nightmare.

Student accommodation.. say no more ?

In Uxbridge? We're down there 16th and 17th of this month. There's a Spotless less than 10 minutes from there
Yes mate those blocks

Underground car parks shared under every 2 blocks so will have to park and pull hose out the gates every 2nd block

That’s if I get it as it’s through a mate I got the floor job from

Will find out in the new year

Latest Posts

Back