Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tower Scaffold Suggestions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JBC

Hi chaps, 

I have a few roof cleans lined up, only ever cleaned a bungalow before now but the next few jobs are 2 storey, I'm looking at investing in a scaffold tower. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Hire a few different ones over the next few jobs and see what you like. I believe the Mi-towers are good as they are designed for 1 person to put them up.

I bought a brand new 10m Boss Clima Camlock AGR Tower because I fix roofs as well. It was only 4 grand when I bought it a few years ago. I bought 4 square feet but it came with the wheel feet. Made my money back because I use it to clear and fix tenement gutters but charge £200 each tenant when I get one. My mate helps me so its a £1200 job over 2 days. Its good for conny roof cleans and I only use it at 2 metre high. Storing it is the problem with the AGR frames which are pretty big. I bought the 0.8m / 2.4m long one which can fit up narrow paths.

https://bbfscaffoldingtowers.co.uk/collections/boss-clima-camlock-agr-tower-0-85m-x-2-5m/products/boss-clima-camlock-agr-tower-0-8m-x-2-5m-10-2m-working-height-61108200 

Hi chaps, 

I have a few roof cleans lined up, only ever cleaned a bungalow before now but the next few jobs are 2 storey, I'm looking at investing in a scaffold tower. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 
Unless you are going to be doing them all the time I think it’s more cost effective to hire one they will deliver and collect , have you tried putting one in a van ??? They are quite big , also if you employ you will have to keep records of safety checks but when hiring that’s all done for you , we don’t  do that many roofs a year but I find it far easier to hire just stick the price into the job £60-80 on a roof clean is easily lost . 

Unless you are going to be doing them all the time I think it’s more cost effective to hire one they will deliver and collect , have you tried putting one in a van ??? They are quite big , also if you employ you will have to keep records of safety checks but when hiring that’s all done for you , we don’t  do that many roofs a year but I find it far easier to hire just stick the price into the job £60-80 on a roof clean is easily lost . 
I went into my hire place when I was walking by. I seen they had a big wood chipper the same as the one I have. It used to be £76 for a day but now its a ton plus vat. I think everything has went up 20% or even more now. I can see more rises when the diesel price begins to seep through because I don't think oil will be going down anytime soon.

Back