Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trickey window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's a bit tricky and will be time consuming. Try the thinnest brush you have and see if it passes through the bars vertically then twist to clean a small section at a time. Unless you can charge for your time properly I would be inclined to give the customer 2 quotes, 1 all windows except the ones like that with the balustrade, and a 2nd including the balustrade windows (making sure to charge to account for the extra time/agro).
It sort of depends on how much you want the job and how much the customer is willing to pay.

Thanks. I feel I need to take it as he just landed me a whole trading estate for £525 every 6 weeks. The first clean will include the inside so I could get the that window then as see how I get on. Maybe I should modify my brush head and move the t connector.

I usually Trad them from a ladder on the first clean and after that i wfp above and rinse the rest. Not been pulled up after many years of doing it that way. If there's bird poo then I will trad it or try and get my pole through to scrub it.

Thanks. I feel I need to take it as he just landed me a whole trading estate for £525 every 6 weeks. The first clean will include the inside so I could get the that window then as see how I get on. Maybe I should modify my brush head and move the t connector.
I have an industrial unit with bars on ground floor windows that I clean as I also do the owners big house and I use my extreme sill brush with the close coupled jet hose assembly. It still gets caught now and again, I have to pass it through alternative bars so it does take a while and provide amusement for the staff in the offices watching - so I'm told ? . Mine is just vertical bars not the diagonals in your picy and mine is on ground floor! I think doing it trad for first time via indoors will help immensely - do a very very good clean - more like a restoration clean then clean via wfp next time and explain to customer the difficulty of it and for them to let you know if there are any issues. I prefer to manage customer expectations but say you will do your best.

Rails are pain especially if they have decorative weld pattern, i have a few that straight vertical bars which is better. then the other ball ache issue is the bronze pad dual adaptor on gooseneck stop the angle of getting between bars, only time I don't have the dual on is winter only time I'll do them customers seem to understand as the rail can flake paint and rust off

Latest Posts

Back