Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Hydropower not functioning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

- I have been in consistent communication with Steve O from YouTube and he has been very helpful. At the end of the day, I was misled by the local supplier despite the research because I was trying to transition cost-effectively. I was promised "60 hours" of resin use even though the water in Edmonton, Canada is 187. I couldn't even get five hours out of it. After providing photo and video evidence, I am currently dealing with Unger, trying to get my money back.
@mrpearson I love Steve-O. One of my favourite YouTube window cleaners.

You should get a good response from Unger. If their American arm is anything like Unger Europe they are very proactive and have good customer support.

I reckon it's more like 6000L a month.i use around 400L a day 4 days a week.i never drain my tank fully.some days it might might be 300l and other days closer to 450L...

I use 2 x 25L DI vessels to purify my water

I'll give it 12 months then make a decision
Yeah, I wasn't sure what size vessels you have but thought they were quite big, so I just did a calculation based on an assumption. (y)

Some of my domestic houses are £50,£60,£90 a pop....so one or two of them a month.for convenience alone it might still be worth it compared to messing about with an RO
Many on here can cherry pick their well priced jobs but I bet you have quite a few £20-£25 jobs so my original point stands.
All I was trying to do was highlight that whilst all legitimate expenses are tax deductible you only get 20% off the amount claimed

Many on here can cherry pick their well priced jobs but I bet you have quite a few £20-£25 jobs so my original point stands.
All I was trying to do was highlight that whilst all legitimate expenses are tax deductible you only get 20% off the amount claimed

Ever thought about going on mastermind?subject?the bleeding obvious!🤣🤣🤣

I've only been running a window cleaning business for 31 years.....😃👍

And purifying water for 12 and don't know how to, or scared of, using an R/O 👍

I've actually never used an RO and would rather not use one due to the hassle.DI only is much more convenient

Currently it takes 25 mins to purify my water for my next days work

How long to purify 500l using an RO?

Can you get RO systems that are 'plug in and play' on wheels that only take a few hours to purify 500l water?this might be an option as there is drainage/soak away on driveway near outside tap.i guess the RO will take 127tds down to zero so no need for resin?

No water meter and water pressure good.👍

I've actually never used an RO and would rather not use one due to the hassle.DI only is much more convenient

Currently it takes 25 mins to purify my water for my next days work

How long to purify 500l using an RO?

Can you get RO systems that are 'plug in and play' on wheels that only take a few hours to purify 500l water?this might be an option as there is drainage/soak away on driveway near outside tap.i guess the RO will take 127tds down to zero so no need for resin?

No water meter and water pressure good.👍

Using an ro isn’t a hassle yes you have to flush it , but that’s not time consuming just put it on flush do a few other things then put it on fill , we have booster pumps on our vans and produce 1000 ltr of pure in just over 2 hours it automatically switches off when the tanks full , just take the hose off the van fitting job dine , hardly time consuming or difficult. You will probably find an ro will take it down to 2-5 then di to get zero

Using an ro isn’t a hassle yes you have to flush it , but that’s not time consuming just put it on flush do a few other things then put it on fill , we have booster pumps on our vans and produce 1000 ltr of pure in just over 2 hours it automatically switches off when the tanks full , just take the hose off the van fitting job dine , hardly time consuming or difficult. You will probably find an ro will take it down to 2-5 then di to get zero

No way will I be using resin if I get an RO in the future (005 will be fine for cleaning windows)

If I can find an RO system on wheels that just plugs into my outside tap and only takes a couple of hours to purify 500l then it could be an option.

How often do you change membranes?every 3 years or so?

No way will I be using resin if I get an RO in the future (005 will be fine for cleaning windows)

If I can find an RO system on wheels that just plugs into my outside tap and only takes a couple of hours to purify 500l then it could be an option.

I replace the membranes every 6-7 years but usually we work in areas with low tds readings so they last longer ( 90 or less ) but some places it’s 380 -420
There are several firms that make trolly filtration systems that would do you

Last edited:
It would but it's way over priced, when a 40/21 from Daqua is less than £500 a 40/40 is more expensive, also you already have Di vessels so no point paying for a brand new one,

Also I personally wouldn't buy any R/O products or consumables from PF and neither would others on here.

Daqua is always out of stock of the mobile RO systems unfortunately

Daqua is always out of stock of the mobile RO systems unfortunately
give Doug a ring he’s very helpful and only sells quality kit and is reasonable priced

Back