Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Uni-valve HYPO / TFR

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use a mix of Chemex Superplus with Fairy Liquid as a surfactant. The Chemex is good but watery so will run off when used alone on vertical surfaces. On its own it looks like water to the customer. The Fairy gives it better thickness, soapiness and hold. The combination works very well and looks good to the customer. Like when you see a cowboy covered in lather while being shaved in a film. This is all part of selling the dream to the customer. I start at the top and spread the mix through an ordinary pole (SLX 22). Work it in to all the high gfs then drop down to the upstairs windows taking some of the gunge onto the windows for visual effect. Then down to the next level. Then connect the same pole to the customer's outside water supply and wash the whole lot out. Finally I connect to the purefied water in the van and rinse the windows.

Sometimes the mix has been left in the pole for days or weeks if I have used a lighter extreme 22 for the rinse stages. No problems noticed with the Univalve being left with the mix in the pole. I can't speak about other chemicals as I've never used them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a mix of Chemex Superplus with Fairy Liquid as a surfactant. The Chemex is good but watery so will run off when used alone on vertical surfaces. On its own it looks like water to the customer. The Fairy gives it better thickness, soapiness and hold. The combination works very well and looks good to the customer. Like when you see a cowboy covered in lather while being shaved in a film. This is all part of selling the dream to the customer. I start at the top and spread the mix through an ordinary pole (SLX 22). Work it in to all the high gfs then drop down to the upstairs windows taking some of the gunge onto the windows for visual effect. Then down to the next level. Then connect the same pole to the customer's outside water supply and wash the whole lot out. Finally I connect to the purefied water in the van and rinse the windows.

Sometimes the mix has been left in the pole for days or weeks if I have used a lighter extreme 22 for the rinse stages. No problems noticed with the Univalve being left with the mix in the pole. I can't speak about other chemicals as I've never used them.
I’ve not seen that movie

Does anyone use HYPO / TFR with their Uni-valve?

Good feed back for future.
My brother in law is constantly putting hypo through his backpack with a univalve. It annihilates the standard backpack pump (you could try swapping it for a chemical pump) but I’ve never heard him complain about the univalve packing it in.

May I ask where you buy your Chemex from?

May I ask where you buy your Chemex from?
Mate the person who wrote that passed away.

Think if you upgrade your Uni Valve with this you can run those chems through it.

Mate the person who wrote that passed away.

Think if you upgrade your Uni Valve with this you can run those chems through it.

Very sorry to hear that

Latest Posts

Back