Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading my crappy pole..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gardiners poles every time for me nowadays, poles are very good and most of all customer service is second to none. I have recently just bought the CLX 27- and SLX 47, I am extremely happy with my purchases and service provided, Alex and his staff are top of there game!

I have a facelift backpack and I use their rubber for my squeegee but I think their poles seem too expensive compared to others around. Will have another look tonight before I buy one though, thanks.
How do you find that rubber? I use unger hard atm.

Thankyou davey. Going to try it some time. Does it behave like hard or soft?

Ive had bad times with coloured rubber. Unger's green was s**t because it deteriorated so fast. Kind of 'dried up' and crackled like leather almost... weird stuff IMO.

The Nlite pole is a worry at full extend, but has done me proud so far, I will be keeping it for gutters and conny roofs when I upgrade.

Though from what ive read here, I know what upgrade im going for... let me know how you get on, C rose.

It behaves a bit in between but it is completely different being silicone and not rubber

I agree unger green is **** but this stuff is different and is all i use nowadays

What about corner burnout? I cut the rubber square at the end and rarely need to scrim a window after as I cut all the beading water from the seal... this is why I use hard, as soft rubber burns very fast for me. My technique is what separates me from anyone else i've cleaned windows with as I save time not needing to detail. If im using a rubber, it cant burn fast.

I have switched from SLX to Water Genie Viper poles. Slightly lighter and cheaper also. Just as robust (yes I can comment as have owned both)
Love the thread title 'upgrading my crappy pole'

Just how much cash has that 'crappy' pole earned for you? Yet you call it crappy. /emoticons/sad.png
hi green how long have you had the viper for, i,m all gardiners but if there is something else as gd its worth a look

must check it out

The corners last longer than any other rubber

That is why i use it

It is the best for a liquidator and my home made modded channels

When i was 100% trad even with a liquidator i could use the same piece for way over a month of daily use mon-fri

I also don't detail when trad and have a very similar technique and mindset as Bob Hatt (polzn bladz ) to the job

I'd love to see your technique mate

Pm me if you have any vids

I have some of my own and will be making some more once the final version of the excelerator is done

Thankyou davey. Going to try it some time. Does it behave like hard or soft?Ive had bad times with coloured rubber. Unger's green was s**t because it deteriorated so fast. Kind of 'dried up' and crackled like leather almost... weird stuff IMO.

The Nlite pole is a worry at full extend, but has done me proud so far, I will be keeping it for gutters and conny roofs when I upgrade.

Though from what ive read here, I know what upgrade im going for... let me know how you get on, C rose.
Sorry mate I've been on a stag do since Friday and just catching up with this..

Facelift rubber is excellent, definitely worth checking out. It's also a little cheaper than Unger.

As for the new pole? Absolutely awesome. Earned more last week with it than with my old one. The weight difference is incredible. I was doing a filthy gutter job so grabbed the Unger to use so I didn't mess up my Gardiner one for it and the thing felt like a tank. Well worth the upgrade already in my opinion!

Back