Using A Belt Bag Effectively

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by buzzing, Jan 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I have a cleaning pouch but is it good? I worry it's not big enough! It has two pouches. And clips over my belt which has the 'bucket on belt' on it. In one of the pockets I put the sill clothes in and the 12 inch and 6 inch sqeegees. The other pocket the scrim and micro fibre. But feel it may be too small? If i want to get my sill cloth have to take out the squeegees and it's a pain. Also the sill cloth pouch is so full it makes it hard to get scrim in and out of other pocket! Want to speed up so think need to get this right.

The pouch belt thingee is an Unger.

Also I put all my equipment in a plastic container which goes in my car boot. The bucket is in the front with the bucket in a belt and other stuff especially if wet. The dry scrims and sill cloths go in plastic bags behind. And other equipment behind. Is this well organised?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

BOAB mate for the squeegees and an applicator and bobs ya mothers brother. Ya would find it so much easier and quicker.

I see you already have one, why aren't you already using it

3. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

I think you have answered your own question there buzzing needs a little more thought

4. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

The bucket on a belt is **** for squeegees, they always fall out! At least in pouch they stay there. There's a loop in belt which six inch squeegee can go in but not 12 incher.

5. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Yeah u wanna be using BOAB bud really to hold your applicator and squeegee, easier when up ladders(if u use them)
    If u find the pouch too small just buy another, i have 2, one for glass cloth and detailing cloth and another for cill cloths.
    Oh and dont wear the pouch at the front, looks a lot cooler wore at the back! lol :)

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Then ya not using it right mate, is it at front, side, back, is it bouncing about too much.

I modded my boab and now the 6" I use I slide handle right to end of channel, it doesn't effect how I use it or how well it works as it's so short anyway so it sits in the boab better. 12" shouldn't be falling out mate.

7. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Same as me but like everything else I make my own. At the back as well

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

professionals wear it on the side, so do i.. lol

i only carry a smaller blade if i know im going to need it, and i put it through the loop.. def keep the longer blade in the boab.. shouldnt be falling out? what are you doing when it falls out lol..

9. buzzing

buzzing Active Member

I put the blades into these bits on the bucket and about half goes in; so handle, and other half of blades is sticking out. As soon as the bucket swings a bit or is knocked they fall out. I will take a photo and show u.

10. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Think your concentration gong on putting it in the car more than using it looking at your pics set it up to use and then make it fit the car boot could be wrong but seems that way

Advertisement