Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Warm your hands up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As it's starting to get a bit colder now  Aldi Special Buys  merino glove liners and beanies I have found the glove liners to be really good and I wear the beanie under another hat I bought mine last year and field-tested them in Finland were the average temperature was -19 through the day although it dropped to -27 one day 

As it's starting to get a bit colder now  Aldi Special Buys  merino glove liners and beanies I have found the glove liners to be really good and I wear the beanie under another hat I bought mine last year and field-tested them in Finland were the average temperature was -19 through the day although it dropped to -27 one day 

My wife hikes Penyfan in the Brecon Beacons most mornings and even when it’s covered in snow and the wind chill is nasty she says her merino wool thermals are amazing. I recently got a gortex lined wool skiing bobble hat that is great too, warm and dry. This weather sorts the men from the boys but the right kit helps!

ill have a look in Aldi’s thanks for heads up

My wife hikes Penyfan in the Brecon Beacons most mornings and even when it’s covered in snow and the wind chill is nasty she says her merino wool thermals are amazing. I recently got a gortex lined wool skiing bobble hat that is great too, warm and dry. This weather sorts the men from the boys but the right kit helps!

No worries, you will need to get to your local store early maybe as I found last year they didn't have loads of stock and I just managed to get what we needed and I was first through the door 

Hiking up Pen y Fan that's some doing does she do the fell forecast or just hardcore 

Hiking up Pen y Fan that's some doing does she do the fell forecast or just hardcore 
She goes up unless it will blow her off her feet, forcasts are very unreliable in our area as it has a bit of a local weather system and one peak can be drastically different to the next, You need to know your limits up there and be prepared to turn around. She has a back pack with 3 1/2 stone the whole time too she will admit she’s a bit addicted.

the video and the photo with her face squeezed by the balaclava is taken from either Wednesday or Thursday this week other photos from Monday when she took some friends up for the sunrise. Even a photo of the dog and me up there a while ago it was -10 that day.

I love where I live!

1907368C-59BF-45E8-A298-B0F97FA3E502.jpeg

134B4446-0698-4140-B364-0FFC06EC1524.png

E6537FA8-7B6B-43BB-A202-F48C9F024867.png

2EB3FE01-CB4B-4637-AF00-01A0DF00416E.png

B5542A52-2648-4D45-AF9B-A28DBF415FCA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
4 hours ago, BigFoot said:

She goes up unless it will blow her off her feet, forcasts are very unreliable in our area as it has a bit of a local weather system and one peak can be drastically different to the next, You need to know your limits up there and be prepared to turn around. She has a back pack with 3 1/2 stone the whole time too she will admit she’s a bit addicted.

the video and the photo with her face squeezed by the balaclava is taken from either Wednesday or Thursday this week other photos from Monday when she took some friends up for the sunrise. Even a photo of the dog and me up there a while ago it was -10 that day.

I love where I live!

Very very cool mate, thanks very much for sharing, I can imagine there is really rough weather at times, I mentioned the fell forecast as a guy in the Lake District a goes up Helvellyn every day so a fell forecast can be done, My wife and I used to do some fell walking years ago, unfortunately,  my wife has hypermobility syndrome so big inclines and walks aren't good for her anymore otherwise she suffers for days after 

Very very cool mate, thanks very much for sharing, I can imagine there is really rough weather at times, I mentioned the fell forecast as a guy in the Lake District a goes up Helvellyn every day so a fell forecast can be done, My wife and I used to do some fell walking years ago, unfortunately,  my wife has hypermobility syndrome so big inclines and walks aren't good for her anymore otherwise she suffers for days after 

Tbh I had to google the fell forecast from your previous post, I think it would be a great tool if it was done for the Beacons to have a general idea of conditions of the peaks would be a great advantage. Life can deal real frustrations at times I can only imagine How frustrating it must be for you both!

To bring it back to the original subject though my Whitby hand warmer works wonders up there! ? 

If you fancy a bit of company drop me a line, love it up there, live only 10 mins away from story arms.
Don't think I'd make it lol, I've gained a few stone since the last time! Perhaps in the summer, fancy taking my boy at least halfway up, he's 6 so doubt he'd reach the summit.

I use the Whitby hand warmer, keep it in my pocket on very cold days and it pumps out heat for twelve hours. After the initial cost of around £15 it costs about 25 p to refill on Zippa lighter fluid. Even warmed a mince pie wrapped in foil in my pocket leading up to Christmas, living the dream!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refillable-Flameless-Whitby-Hand-Warmer-Shooting-Walking-Hiking-HW10/152854523282?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55149%26meid%3Dd2e16e7ed43e4b768276f0fa2c09f057%26pid%3D101006%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D152854523282&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226
I've ordered two Whitby Hand Warmers from go outdoors, one for me and one for my son who works and kayaks with me. They should be in the shop for me to collect later today. Look forward to having them. I'll try some different fuels in my one I think (meths, Aspen 4). I have different fuels for a small collection of classic camping Stoves (Primus, Optimus) 

Thanks for the link. ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've ordered two Whitby Hand Warmers from go outdoors, one for me and one for my son who works and kayaks with me. They should be in the shop for me to collect later today. Look forward to having them. I'll try some different fuels in my one I think (meths, Aspen 4). I have different fuels for a small collection of classic camping Stoves (Primus, Optimus) 

Thanks for the link. ?

You'll have to let me know how you get on using different fuels. I love my one it pumps out the heat!

Tbh I had to google the fell forecast from your previous post, I think it would be a great tool if it was done for the Beacons to have a general idea of conditions of the peaks would be a great advantage. Life can deal real frustrations at times I can only imagine How frustrating it must be for you both!

To bring it back to the original subject though my Whitby hand warmer works wonders up there! ? 
I know what my wife can get me for my birthday now, as I never want anything and it frustrates her 

Back