Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was a great day until...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the ankerlad and pro gutter tools save a lot of time and so save money. i find i work a lot quicker with the ankerlad system cause your not constantly thinking about falling to your death. And the pro gutter tools fitted to a long reach pole means you dont have to keep climbing up and down ladders evey 2 mins to move em.

I remember those days well @Andy thinking why the hell am I doing this before I started to use an ankalad and microlite standoff.

I came home like a drowned rat today after clearing the gutters & downspouts on this one.

What with it raining on/off most of the time and even had a hail storm that lasted about ten mins too.

View attachment 2494

View attachment 2495

To top it off I had to stop work at the front as a hearse and two funeral limo’s pulled up right by the gates as it's opposite a church. Thought it was only right and proper as they unloaded the coffin to wait until they all got into the church as you do. Now that's a first for me...Job done :D

must get gutter jobs

must get gutter jobs

got 500 leaflets and havent bothered posting them and time is passing

Also a guttervac is a very handy tool to have also as the back of that house today I did not need to use my ladders once /emoticons/wink.png

After vacuuming the gutters @norm I simply attached a hosepipe and thin hozelock nozzle to a wfp pole then washed the gutters through and unblocked the downspouts by sticking the nozzle with the water running at full pelt that worked a treat /emoticons/wink.png

just started gutter jobs when I fell @Smurf

I have a guttervac and pro gutter kit but I have lacked advertisement of my services I think

I am also a novice and am learning off yourself and others on forum who kindly share their knowledge to be safe and technique to make the job right

That would knock your confidence for six @norm....

That's probably the reason why you've not been promoting gutter jobs lately if you are honest with yourself. Even with the kit I use it's still dangerous working from ladders especially at roofline height so I have to concentrate on what I'm doing at all times.

Regarding using a guttervac that too can be hard work compared to say cleaning windows. That's why I think so many window cleaners try one then realise how hard it can be then after doing one or two jobs decided to flog it on fleebay.

After saying that I'm here to share my knowledge and help others like yourself to keep as safe as they can. /emoticons/wink.png

Also will need a long enough ladder for the job too if you haven't already got one @norm as the microlite standoff is best setup resting on roof tiles which makes jobs so much easier to do.;)

Example pic of a small job with sloping away block paving and window directly below the guttering that no way would I do with just a normal ladder.

View attachment 2501

Being higher and in a better position to work I was able to clear the gutters and unblock the small section of downspout that was full by taking it apart without risking my kneck doing so... No probs.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah guys I got a micro stand off @Andy but dont have ankerlad

I have a long ladder @Smurf for the job and happy on the ladder but I will have to start seeking work and make some honey

appreciate help and tips as I need em all:D

Going to do a leaflet drop in the next week or so and generate work /emoticons/biggrin.png hopefully

The ankalad is a must have bit of kit to use @norm without using one is bonkers in my book for how little they cost even to buy new /emoticons/wink.png

One of todays gutter clearing jobs was a pig to do but was a very good earner @norm ;)

View attachment 2502

As per usual gutters had never been cleared for years including the conservatory gutters at the back.

That one job alone today in the pic would have more than paid for a brand new ankalad @norm /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back