Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was a great day until...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you get good houses in @Smurf land mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

was looking on middlands ladders site who I have used before and they have very similar item for sale

do you think this would be same quality?

Not sure myself @Smurf I will try and see if there is anyone who sells ankalad north or south over here as I get hit with high postage costs

I have my van into mechanics tomorrow morning to get new ball joint and an mot retest Saturday morning so have to see if everything is good before anything else gets spent:rolleyes:

I understand @norm ...Good luck with your van mot /emoticons/wink.png

I did that posh house in question today and had to stop and empty my guttervac 3 times because of the amount of crud that came out of all the gutters including the 2 conservatory box gullies at the back & side walls. On parts of the house I also used my gutter clearing ladder setup too & pro-g tool.

Yep and the lady of the house was most impressed too @norm

She now wants me to do them every 12 months instead of her window cleaner. Had to laugh as he has change his number and due tomorrow but because the lady can't get hold of him is going to put big signs up on her front door and windows something like this maybe

ATTN WINDOW CLEANER

NO GUTTERINGS TO BE CLEARED AS YOU DO AS SHITE JOB

THANK YOU!

/emoticons/biggrin.png

Smurf can you put links up to the Ankalad and standoff (not too expensive though) do they go on any ladder?

Best you do a search yourself on both to find the best deal or look out on fleebay for bargains like I did.

Will fit any ali ladder as long as bottom section is 9 rungs or more as is fitted if i remeber correctly through the 1st and 9th rung of the ladder.

The ankalad you buy should come with steel rods that go through the hollow rungs with the fitting kit which is then bolted to the ladder.

If you want it for gutter clearing then needless to say you need the set of ladders long enough to do the job especially when using a microlite standoff resting on roof tiles as I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
My triple 12's combi serves me well for most 2 storey work rather than a longer double as the top section I find comes in handy for working above some flat roof or some ground floor work too. I just put easi- deck ladder spurs on the bottom of the top section of the ladder if need be to steady it instead.

I'm going also keeping an eye out for another cheap microlite standoff as will come in handy when the ladders are split or when needed to use two ladder at the same time when working as a two man team as I already have another ankalad.

Latest Posts

Back