Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was so close to taking a fall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Talking about ladder safety, a builder from a neigbouring village was foolish enough to leave his ladder propped up against a wall whilst he did something else. It was windy. The ladder came down, falling towards him. He saw it coming and almost got out of the way, but it caught the side of his face.......made a real mess of him. Its one of my golden rules, when not using the ladder, rest it on the ground......you never know.
Or wedge it under a soffit or similar.

I was cleaning outside glass panes on a deck a couple off years ago, one foot of the ladder sank about 2 inches & I fell about 8 ft. I landed on grass on my feet. I broke my back in 5 places I'm still walking but I am not aloud on ladders anymore & I have a 5 to 10 lbs weight limit.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
/emoticons/sad.png

I nearly came a cropper once. A very muddy garden and my ladder was sinking in the mud as I climbed it. I found a piece of plywood and stood my ladder on that. A good idea I thought until I got to the top of the ladder and the plywood began to surf the mud /emoticons/biggrin.png

I nearly came a cropper once. A very muddy garden and my ladder was sinking in the mud as I climbed it. I found a piece of plywood and stood my ladder on that. A good idea I thought until I got to the top of the ladder and the plywood began to surf the mud /emoticons/biggrin.png
reminds me i will not be putting my ladder up on a fibreglass coated roof again....a tiny bit of wet feet .....and i did it twice on the same roof as if i didnt believe the first time...:rofl:

hmmm, had my smurf moment for this year now...my fault rushing....well i had my reasons....i was supposed to clean this house in the morning and she had requested me to do some insides....which i hate....and i be too busy at the mo.....so i drove past did another couple of jobs and it was late afternoon before i got there ....and i got excited to see her car not on the drive...so it was the fastest clean i have done for a long time....i was on my ladder not extended so doubled up and rushing down...i dont know how or why but somehow the ladder just lifted off on one side and i went with it...at about 180 degrees i somehow managed to catch the cill and pull myself back...i have learnt my lesson....well its just her husbands not around and she be very friendly....so i will call back for my money later:hiding:

Very lucky mate, I have done a few inside cleans but like you don't like them so now I just say I only do exteriors, no sence getting up tight about something you don't fancy doing just say no.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back