Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole pump trolley & control box project complete

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This a seriously nice build, thanks for sharing.

I've been right through the thread and bought all the parts and prepped the box and cut/drilled to fit the buttons and switches and hoses etc. However, i'm useless with electrnoics and wiring. There doesn't seem to be a full diagram, i'm struggling.

This a seriously nice build, thanks for sharing.

I've been right through the thread and bought all the parts and prepped the box and cut/drilled to fit the buttons and switches and hoses etc. However, i'm useless with electrnoics and wiring. There doesn't seem to be a full diagram, i'm struggling.
I'll try to simplify it with words

Battery negative is common so everything negative Black connects together 

From the battery positive RED add an inline maxi blade fuse holder and brown 7 amp fuse 

From the vlade fuse holder add a piece of wire to the positive side of the main power switch

From the other side of the power switch connect the positive red wire to supply voltage to the flow controller 

Connect the pump positive red wire of the diaphragm pump to the pump / motor positive of the flow controller 

I cut off the cheap green start stop button of the flow controller and replaced it with the high quality momentary button 

Now connect the positive supply of the wireless relay switch to the positive of the flow controller positive from the battery switch ( 2 wires in the same terminal) 

remember all common Negative BLACK wires all terminate together in a chocy block connection or soldered insulated connection

With the wireless relay switch test the continuity so when the wireless keyfob is pressed you close the circuit 

You'll need to connect the N/O normally open terminals to the start stop button.

Hope that makes sense 

Apologies i need sleep. Busy day. I'll do a full animated video this week as this build has taken off with many on here 

Good evening Matthew. Sincere apologies for the late reply. No the parts used as posted are all in good and reliable service with no modifications or changes whatsoever. 

The charger is a Maypole branded 4A smart multi purpose battery charger.

Also I have designed a specific wiring diagram for the 433mhz relay switch I used providing the Amazon image of the wireless relay circuit matches my design 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maypole-7423A-Battery-Charger-Electronic/dp/B009A83P1E/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=4a+battery+electronic+charger&qid=1582575955&sr=8-7

Kind regards Austin 

View attachment 19448
@Mersey Jet Wash

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As Apw1210 says it's relatively straight forward

+ to +

- to -

The only real issue I came across was the eMylo wireless relay (R121A) wiring didn't match the wiring diagram provided for the generic relay. Instead it needed to be wired like the image below. For the avoidance of doubt counting connections from 1 - 5 (bottom = 1, top = 5).

1. Positive input. Also needs bridging to #4.
  2. Negative input/output.
  3. Positive output.
  4. Bridged positive from #1.
  5. No connection.

Be sure to check that if you ordered this

Screenshot_20200623-080629.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As Apw1210 says it's relatively straight forward

+ to +

- to -

The only real issue I came across was the eMylo wireless relay (R121A) wiring didn't match the wiring diagram provided for the generic relay. Instead it needed to be wired like the image below. For the avoidance of doubt counting connections from 1 - 5 (bottom = 1, top = 5).

1. Positive input. Also needs bridging to #4.
  2. Negative input/output.
  3. Positive output.
  4. Bridged positive from #1.
  5. No connection.

Be sure to check that if you ordered this

View attachment 21095
The most reliable relay on the market right now. The same model as i use on all my builds. I'm changing over to mosfet soon 

Hi 

I've been using this build at its bare minimum build ie on/off switch and battery for a while now with no issues at all but then decidedly I needed more control over it, so I've added all the the other items, flow controller volt meter etc.

All wired up as per diagrams as far as I can see, but  it won't work.

So I'm a bit stuck not being very technically minded and wondered if someone might have any ideas.

So, what i did.... powered it on and the voltmeter lit up, clicked the wireless button and.... nothing not even a blown fuse.

So then spotted the "learning button" on the relay and pressed it, clicked the button on the remote and it blew the fuse.

So either the relay is wired up wrong ?or possibly the fuse 4amp  is to small or ....

? I've attached a picture of the relay hoping that helps !

Thank you

Edit.  Blue is negative 

20201019_160433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing read the instructions as I am fairly sure you need to 'teach' the relay board the remote controller it will respond to.

I can't lay my hands on the instructions but If I remember correctly next to the blue is the +12v to power the relay receiver. Then the next 3 are the relay contacts. So you should have the +ve from the battery connected to one of the relay contacts (ideally the one that switches between the other 2. Then take a wire out of one of the other relay contacts (suggest the NC (Normally Closed one) to the speed controller +12v input. 

basically you need to power the relay board (ideally via a switch or it will always draw power). Then the +12v wire that leads to the speed controller goes through the relay, so when you press the button the relay opens and 'cuts' the +12v wire to the speed controller.

Start by just powering the relay board and 'teach it the remote. You should see the red led go on and off when you press the button. If I remember correctly you can have it 'latching' or momentary - I set mine to latch so any button press switches pump off and any button press then turns it on again.

Hope that makes sense?

Hi 

I've been using this build at its bare minimum build ie on/off switch and battery for a while now with no issues at all but then decidedly I needed more control over it, so I've added all the the other items, flow controller volt meter etc.

All wired up as per diagrams as far as I can see, but  it won't work.

So I'm a bit stuck not being very technically minded and wondered if someone might have any ideas.

So, what i did.... powered it on and the voltmeter lit up, clicked the wireless button and.... nothing not even a blown fuse.

So then spotted the "learning button" on the relay and pressed it, clicked the button on the remote and it blew the fuse.

So either the relay is wired up wrong ?or possibly the fuse 4amp  is to small or ....

? I've attached a picture of the relay hoping that helps !

Thank you

Edit.  Blue is negative 

View attachment 22122
Have you double checked your wiring as it sounds like you've created a dead short when triggering the relay 

20201019_181328.jpg

First thing read the instructions as I am fairly sure you need to 'teach' the relay board the remote controller it will respond to.

I can't lay my hands on the instructions but If I remember correctly next to the blue is the +12v to power the relay receiver. Then the next 3 are the relay contacts. So you should have the +ve from the battery connected to one of the relay contacts (ideally the one that switches between the other 2. Then take a wire out of one of the other relay contacts (suggest the NC (Normally Closed one) to the speed controller +12v input. 

basically you need to power the relay board (ideally via a switch or it will always draw power). Then the +12v wire that leads to the speed controller goes through the relay, so when you press the button the relay opens and 'cuts' the +12v wire to the speed controller.

Start by just powering the relay board and 'teach it the remote. You should see the red led go on and off when you press the button. If I remember correctly you can have it 'latching' or momentary - I set mine to latch so any button press switches pump off and any button press then turns it on again.

Hope that makes sense?
Hi thanks for the reply.

I kind of understand but probably not enough to fix it !

How do you pair up the remote to the relay, didn't get any instructions with mine that I can remember ?

Hi thanks for the reply.

I kind of understand but probably not enough to fix it !

How do you pair up the remote to the relay, didn't get any instructions with mine that I can remember ?
With any new wireless relay switch there is NO whatsoever to bind / pair the remote control as its already done for you in the factory to enable them to test it. 

Austin 

With any new wireless relay switch there is NO whatsoever to bind / pair the remote control as its already done for you in the factory to enable them to test it. 

Austin 
OK so its a wiring issue, will have a look back at the wiring diagram and see if I can spot the mistake, cheers

Best I can do purchase wise is this screen shot unfortunately it was bought on ebay and is no longer available sorry

View attachment 22128
It may be a dodgy sale of faulty units if the listing has disappeared.

On the under side of the board can you see markings such as 

Pos 

Neg 

NO 

NC

COM 

Could you take some high resolution clear photo close up of the boards top and bottom for me and I'll happily try to help you.

Ebay is the worst shopping site ever

Amazon gives returns and good warranties over its items unlike eBay 

Latest Posts

Back