Water Fed System

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by PAUL J., Oct 22, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. PAUL J.

PAUL J. Newcomer

Hi, can anyone recommend a good van mounted system, I have a vw transporter, it will take a pay load of 900 kg

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

What is your water tds?

If you haven't done wfp before, the first thing you need is a genuine tds meter.

You will then know which way to go - ie r/o or di filtration.

www.daqua.co.uk is a good place to start.

I would advise to buy the biggest system you can afford. We use between 350 and 400 litres per day of water and both the single operator vans are fitted with 500 litre tanks which your van will carry no problem.

3. PAUL J.

PAUL J. Newcomer

Ppm is 35, so a DI system would do, 400 -500 ltrs, has anyone fitted one to vw transporter ?

4. Pride Clean

Pride Clean Active Member

You could get away with a 500 i think.
    Id put it together yourself buddy, if you know anyone whos wfp to help you out would be better.
    Tank-pump-controller-leisure battery-D.I-hose reel-pole.
    Get away with a second hand D.I and tank (get an upright with a cage) and source out the rest.
    Much cheaper, and you can set it up to your preference. You'll also know your system inside out so if any problems you'll know how to fix.
    Use brass hose locks (last longer and can take the pressure) and decent hose to connect everything. Stick some gutter piping in the ceiling of the van to slide your poles in and out of and jobs a good un!!

5. corderz

corderz Member

You got a link for some 'decent hose'?

Also, where is the cheapest place to get a pump and controller and a hose reel?

Advertisement