Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weed growth complaint after pressure wash.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Slightly off topic but has anyone thought of or tried adding a bag or 2 of salt to the sand when brushing it in? I have no idea if it's legal or how effective it might be but my partner adds salt to boiling water to kill the weeds in our paths and she recons adding the salt works better.
I tried many years ago adding road salt to kiln dried sand.

Didn't work due to the salt leaving white frosting to all of the blocks 

Similar to new build houses when the render starts to bleed 

I tried many years ago adding road salt to kiln dried sand.

Didn't work due to the salt leaving white frosting to all of the blocks 

Similar to new build houses when the render starts to bleed 
It isn't road salt that people use though, it's the table salt stuff, I have a custy who must have shares in salt mine as he puts salt down every year right across his decent sized drive I've never seen a single weed

Hi Guys, how would you respond to the email below, i have previously told them we provide a cleaning service and not a weed prevention service, and advise our clients to control their own weeds after the clean , ******** about the sand as they would grow around a brick ! dont mind sending one of my guys to spray some weed killer to keep the peace ?

Having spoken to my husband and our neighbour Robert, who you were in contact with too (both copied), we agree that the speed at which the weeds have been regrowing (unacceptable) must have something to do with a lack of quality in the resanding process, if the weeds were indeed removed properly.

Can I please ask you to send someone from your team to remove the weeds and resand the driveway properly this time?

Thank you very much in advance,

I like others mention that it won't stop weeds coming back through in time. I'd deffo put them straight on the 'properly this time' and explain. For the hassle I would go around and either de-weed or put some weed killer down to keep the peace, though again explain you're doing it on your own dime. 

Back