Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP link app

WCF

Help Support WCF:

gwindows

Hi fitted it today got the fob connected but can’t get the app to connect ? just keeps coming up
Alert scan failed can’t start scan wrong state 3 ? it’s got me stumped

I found mine tricky make sure location settings are on.

Tbh I never use the phone I use the controller.

You can check your battery voltage on the controller so for me it's pointless connecting it up to it it would only come in handy if it ran on a sim card system giving you more range.

But apart from that it's a good piece of kit I've had mine for going on 2 years with no faults

Hi fitted it today got the fob connected but can’t get the app to connect ? just keeps coming up
Alert scan failed can’t start scan wrong state 3 ? it’s got me stumped
Hi GW

First thing is to establish which version of the WFP Link fob you have. We produce a Bluetooth and Non Bluetooth version. On the back of your fob there will be a Serial Number and Model Number. Can you let me know what these are. Also do you have a V11 WFP link Controller or a V16

Cheers

Hi GW

First thing is to establish which version of the WFP Link fob you have. We produce a Bluetooth and Non Bluetooth version. On the back of your fob there will be a Serial Number and Model Number. Can you let me know what these are. Also do you have a V11 WFP link Controller or a V16

Cheers
Thanks for getting back to me cheers sorted now sent you a pm

GW has a Non Bluetooth version of the Fob that is not able to connect to the mobile app.

We normally have two versions of the Fob one has a Bluetooth module to connect to the mobile and one is non Bluetooth. The Non Blue tooth still has the same long range radio capability and allows adjustment of flow rates, Switching the pump, one button auto cal and allows the controller to be woken.
http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/V16_WFPL_XBT.pdf

The only difference between the full app enabled Fob and Non Bluetooth is a Bluetooth module which is used to connect the fob to a mobile app

There is still a global Semiconductor supply and demand issue that has been ongoing since very early 2021. The lead time for these went from 30 days to 18/24 months over night. We have been waiting since March of 2021 for our order of modules placed then to come in. We still do not have a fixed date as to when these will be with us.

The different Fob can be identified by the model number of the label. 022 on a V16 WFP Link fob would be non bluetooth

Hi, I am having the same problem with my WFP Link. It was working fine for a few years. All of a sudden the app stopped working w the same wrong state message coming up and just y today the Fob will no longer connect to the controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have managed to get the fob paired with the controller using the instructions attached. Still get ‘Scan failed Can’t start scan, wrong state 3” message when trying to connect the app.

Attachments

• WFP_Link_Trouble_Shooting_Guide.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes they are, I read this somewhere else, I did check location services and it’s on, in iPhone settings there does not seem to be a way to check location services for WFP link specifically as you can for other apps.
Thanks for suggestions

Yes they are, I read this somewhere else, I did check location services and it’s on, in iPhone settings there does not seem to be a way to check location services for WFP link specifically as you can for other apps.
Thanks for suggestions
Sack the iPhone off for an android ?.
I would delete then redownload the app now you've got the fob going again

I have managed to get the fob paired with the controller using the instructions attached. Still get ‘Scan failed Can’t start scan, wrong state 3” message when trying to connect the app.
Good Morning Tom

The App enabled Fob has a Long range radio transmitter and a Bluetooth radio module. First step is to connect the Fob to the controller which you have now done. Then pair Fob to App. The Fob and Phone go through a handshake process which has a number of steps if one of these steps is slow or doesnt complete an error message is generated.

Unfortunately there is no single Bluetooth standard all the mobile phone makers use there own version and update the Module and software that runs it. If you have recently changed mobile it may be creating an issue during the handshake.

My Suggestion is to Turn off Bluetooth on the phone, Unistall WFP App then switch the phone off. Then switch the Phone On reinstall the App and switch Bluetooth On.

Ensure The Fob is bonded to the Control Then try connect to the mobile

Out of interest how Old is the WFP Link controller and Fob

Cheers
Ian

Latest Posts

Back