Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP where to start?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Window cleaning forums, I was a Trad window cleaner about 4 years ago and sold up. But now me and my brother want to start another round again and think there is no better time to go down the water fed pole route.

We have no experience with wfp, and we live in the sticks, so was thinking of making our own water. If any one knows what system would be best for us to put in a swb transit van
we would be grateful for any pointers.

We would like to know roughly what are we looking on spending and quality of systems for new comers like ourselves.

Thanks for any input.

My opinion

Step 1: Buy a TDS meter and take a reading of your water. If below 100, DI only may be fine, anything over you'll need an RO/DI set up.

I personally have the static RO/DI system from PureFreedom which cost around £1000 but I rarely have to change resin and it produces a lot of water quickly.

Step 2: Determine what size tank you'd like and whether you'd like to have it professionally fitted or do it DIY, I would personally recommend having a professional company fit the system for you as you know its been done properly and its safe etc. You also have warranty in the event that anything goes wrong. If there's two of you in one van I'd imagine you'd want a minimum of 600L for a good days work. There's no right or wrong system, just preference.

My opinion

Step 1: Buy a TDS meter and take a reading of your water. If below 100, DI only may be fine, anything over you'll need an RO/DI set up.

I personally have the static RO/DI system from PureFreedom which cost around £1000 but I rarely have to change resin and it produces a lot of water quickly.

Step 2: Determine what size tank you'd like and whether you'd like to have it professionally fitted or do it DIY, I would personally recommend having a professional company fit the system for you as you know its been done properly and its safe etc. You also have warranty in the event that anything goes wrong. If there's two of you in one van I'd imagine you'd want a minimum of 600L for a good days work. There's no right or wrong system, just preference.
Thanks ill check them out, I have already checked our water out on a tds meter and if my memory serves me correctly it comes out at 240ppm.
Do you have to make your water first, or do you just fill your tank up with neat tap water and your wfp system takes care of it from there?
Thanks again ill check out PureFreedom

And then take a look at the search button at the top right hand corner @dmj window cleaning . There have been so many post recently of new starters asking the same questions.

Just a side note. Ford Transit came in numerous payload capabilities. If you have a T260 then you won't have much choice tank wise.

the hardest bit will be to get enough customers . you may get a shock
why is the climate hard at the moment, I know starting from scratch is not going to be a walk in the park. But when me and my brother were going about four years ago we were run raged. This is why I want to go down the water fed pole route and try and be a bit kinder to my body.

why is the climate hard at the moment, I know starting from scratch is not going to be a walk in the park. But when me and my brother were going about four years ago we were run raged. This is why I want to go down the water fed pole route and try and be a bit kinder to my body.
The world of window cleaning has changed. Every Tom, **** and Harry sees window cleaning with wfp easy money. We see new windies virtually every time we go out.
Some areas are saturated with window cleaners.

The world of window cleaning has changed. Every Tom, **** and Harry sees window cleaning with wfp easy money. We see new windies virtually every time we go out.
Some areas are saturated with window cleaners.
There are so many new build estates popping up everywhere. I started 2 years ago and targeted new builds primarily to build up client base. I don't need any new clients but they still keep coming. Demand is outstripping supply in my opinion so go for it.

Once the Newbies get a taste of what they can earn Thats it. If they cant get enough or any customers with there prices then they will start offering lower prices than yours to try to get more work. You have to get to the new customers first.
I have rounds in New areas where im out all day. New starters will turn up. do 1 or 2 houses then leave the area.
It is hard to get a decent round now unless you can Buy one thats established. You may loose a few but you are working for yourself.
This is what its all about

Back