Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What’s your worst quote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For me it had to be when I first started. Quoted £50 for a house that ended up taking me well over 4 hours. Also quoted £100 for a full external clean ie windows gutters and fascias as well as conservatory roof. Started at 08:00 and finished at 20:00! That was 7 years ago now and safe to say it was a learning curve that one!

Worst one from recent years was not charging a first clean price for a large domestic property around 8 years ago now....it took me 3 hours for £45 as I had to scrape most ground floor windows!

I now charge £60 for this property(8 weekly)and it takes me just under an hour...in fact I cleaned it today.....??

Not the worst for actual man hours but the one I've been most annoyed about. Years ago I put some leaflets out saying 50% off the first clean to get work in, I also added the quote into the leaflets to save going back to quote. 

Did my own street and someone 10 doors up asked me to start. I'd quoted £7 from looking at the front (bungalow).

Unfortunately at the back it had an extension and conservatory. The job was also disgustingly dirty. It took me 1.5 hours in total to get it up to scratch.

At the end the guy came out and paid me £3.50 (50% discount) in 20 and 10 p's and said the Mrs said she'll let you know if we want you back. They obviously never did. One off for £3.50 in 20p's.

After that I stopped putting prices on leaflets and doubled first clean prices.
At least it wasnt in 1p`s and 2p`s

Plastic cleaning job when I first started using nothing but water ?? silly silly boy I quoted £50 was using barrels of pure pumping out each one had to go back and fill them up twice ended up taking all day ?

Not the worst for actual man hours but the one I've been most annoyed about. Years ago I put some leaflets out saying 50% off the first clean to get work in, I also added the quote into the leaflets to save going back to quote. 

Did my own street and someone 10 doors up asked me to start. I'd quoted £7 from looking at the front (bungalow).

Unfortunately at the back it had an extension and conservatory. The job was also disgustingly dirty. It took me 1.5 hours in total to get it up to scratch.

At the end the guy came out and paid me £3.50 (50% discount) in 20 and 10 p's and said the Mrs said she'll let you know if we want you back. They obviously never did. One off for £3.50 in 20p's.

After that I stopped putting prices on leaflets and doubled first clean prices.
£2.33 ph. I think thats a record ?

Can't believe someone do that as it's such a horrible thing to do, hopefully karma dealt him a similar fate.

Latest Posts

Back