Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is your price range for houses?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£6 for bungalows and up from there, small terrace £8. Three bed semi 10-12 quid. All depends on size, layout and access. I prefer more smaller homes, can bang them out in minutes time and again  
I don't know about you, Ana. But we've come to believe that often there's more time and effort involved in cleaning bungalows than there is in a three or four bed house and it's generally for less money.

When you take into account the way bungalows can cover a lot of ground and often have bits added to them, porches, conservatories etc, so there can be a lot of walking and corners to get round with the gear. Often in our experience they are owned by older people who put plants, ornaments and solar lights close to the building. Some of the buildings are under siege.

We prefer two storey houses with a smaller footprint and find them quicker and easier to do. Another thing is that people expect a lower price for bungalows because they're only on one level.

Actually I'd be interested to know other folks opinions.

I'm not ageist. I'm an old duffer myself. It's just an observation from a business point of view. ?

I don't know about you, Ana. But we've come to believe that often there's more time and effort involved in cleaning bungalows than there is in a three or four bed house and it's generally for less money.

When you take into account the way bungalows can cover a lot of ground and often have bits added to them, porches, conservatories etc, so there can be a lot of walking and corners to get round with the gear. Often in our experience they are owned by older people who put plants, ornaments and solar lights close to the building. Some of the buildings are under siege.

We prefer two storey houses with a smaller footprint and find them quicker and easier to do. Another thing is that people expect a lower price for bungalows because they're only on one level.

Actually I'd be interested to know other folks opinions.

I'm not ageist. I'm an old duffer myself. It's just an observation from a business point of view. ?
I see where your coming from @Davy G but just so I'm clear there's two reasons I do them in the first place. Firstly one is related to family members in larger houses that I do anyway so didn't want to say no to doing them (I do brothers, sisters, mums and dads of this family, a family affair you could say). Secondly, the other bungalow I do is next door to the first, that's it. 

Time wise they take 10 mins tops to do, 8 mins last time I did them. So 16 mins for £12 sounds good to me. I don't go for bungalows per say, most of my work is two storie, three beds for £12 a pop give or take but money is money and I'm not going out of my way to do them either.

im a old duffer too in that regard as yes, you guessed it I live in a bungalow myself and I'm in my mid 30s haha 

I see where your coming from @Davy G but just so I'm clear there's two reasons I do them in the first place. Firstly one is related to family members in larger houses that I do anyway so didn't want to say no to doing them (I do brothers, sisters, mums and dads of this family, a family affair you could say). Secondly, the other bungalow I do is next door to the first, that's it. 

Time wise they take 10 mins tops to do, 8 mins last time I did them. So 16 mins for £12 sounds good to me. I don't go for bungalows per say, most of my work is two storie, three beds for £12 a pop give or take but money is money and I'm not going out of my way to do them either.

im a old duffer too in that regard as yes, you guessed it I live in a bungalow myself and I'm in my mid 30s haha 
Haha! Hey! You apprentice old duffer. ?I do quite a few bungalows as well. It's just some of them are very sprawled out and cluttered. ?

The few I do thankfully are very neat and tidy @Davy G and @Part Timer but I do have a few which have pots, chairs and all everywhere, a real trip hazard haha. The bungalows however are pretty stantdard. Six windows, six quid, happy days ?

Back