What size hose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ALPINEYORKS, Jul 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

From hose reel to pole. What size do you all prefare? Just swapped from 6 mm to 8mm. Pressure is good. Is it robust? Will it kink more? I'm guessing another advantage is my pump won't have to work as hard saving battery power.

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

8mm is perfect, less stress on pump, more flow, it won't kink as still very high quality hose, both mocrbore and minibore are very high quality hose

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

8mm is great no problems at all :)

4. MrBump

MrBump Guest

I use 6mm and doesn't ever kink. 100m of 6mm full of water is heavy enough for me. How are you finding the change ALPINEYORKS? I don't get how it makes much difference when it goes down to 5mm pole hose at some point anyway...

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I think the 6mm hose is your problem with the one shot though MrBump ...

6. Jacob

Jacob Guest

I have switched from 6 to 8 mm on my backpack and it has made such a different. It has much better flow now than before. 8mm also fit with john guest fittings which is very nice

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Doh, looks like I'm going to have to swap out my 100m 6mm hose for some 8mm then :( Need to get some more work in though before I can justify the expense as it works just fine as it is, plenty of water coming out and the pressure is high enough to cut glass at just 40 on the controller, but be good to be able to use the one-stop at some point ;)

8. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

I prefer the 8mm. First day today and must say I like it

Advertisement