Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's so special about ecover?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm currently trying a mix of 9 parts ecover 1 part fairy, i just want a little bit more suds than straight e cover.

I'm giving my back a rest today as it's playing up again. Still will be out doing more exterior deep cleaning quotes this evening though;)

The type of work I do is bloody hard graft so like to earn a fare wack then take time off to recuperate.

I've built up a niche professional exterior property cleaning business with a very good reputation rather than just becoming another window cleaner in my area that can also offer different services.

Most of my work like I've mentioned before customers already have window cleaners but I'm not trying to sound big headed I'm simply very good at what so ppl are happy to pay a premium for my work.

Better to be professional

I just started back up but will be buying the right kit for the job

Already got the windie gear so started there but can do a lot of things from experience not just a cowboy
clear.png

Gotta save up for decent pressure washer etc

I do believe if you're gonna do a job do it proper or not at all

That's how you get your good reputation

If you think about it I have people from 6 years ago saying come clean mine I would rather you did it than the guy I have

Says a lot about the job you do

Would rather take a few minutes more on each job and have happy customers

Plus I don't mind having a cuppa and a natta with some of em..keeps a nice friendly relationship with em (and I can always find room for another cuppa)

after reading over and over again how you all love ecover I had to try it.

Tried it today and yes its great. added a little dash of flash and combined with my porcupine sleeve its a dream to clean and nice and easy to blade off!!

thanks for that chaps!!!

after reading over and over again how you all love ecover I had to try it.Tried it today and yes its great. added a little dash of flash and combined with my porcupine sleeve its a dream to clean and nice and easy to blade off!!

thanks for that chaps!!!
porcupine and ecover like strawberys and cream

i think Ecover works well if you are in a soft water area

unfortunately im not ,its hard water here, so hard you have to apply a fresh line of soap to your Tbar at each house

for ages i used the W5 washing up liquid from lidl ,[not the concentrated,i found that didnt mix into water quickly enough] i found W5 great stuff in hard water , but it takes its toll on your hands ,stings after a while and with employing workers i feared a possible compo claim.

About a year ago i switched over the Magnum from Aldi, looks exactly the same as the W5 but its not the same . whatever its ingredients are its milder on your skin than W5 and good if not better slip. if you are in a hard water area i recommend it

Last edited:
im now using tesco home brand an i pefer it to ecover its not heavy if u no wat i mean but scrubs very well i also tryed persel an thault that was very good

im with mrtaytay on the fact it doesnt seem to stay on the glass very long...but i use anything i not to fussed...in this bloomin heat....you have to be very very fast...grrrrr

Back