Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to buy traditional equipment and where to avoid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PristinePanes

Hi all,

I'm buying my first basic traditional setup and I'm struggling to find anywhere local to me that sells anything decent in the shops.

This is making me turn to online retailers such as the following:

- Window Cleaning Warehouse

- Cleaning spot

- Window cleaning stuff

- The Window Clean Centre

- Amazon

Has anyone got any preferences or reasons to avoid certain online retailers.

Hi all,

I'm buying my first basic traditional setup and I'm struggling to find anywhere local to me that sells anything decent in the shops.

- Cleaning spot

- Window cleaning stuff

- Amazon

@PristinePanes I've tried a few suppliers for traditional equipment and now I always use window clean centre (based in Ipswich I think). They are extremely helpful and their range is brilliant. If you order before about 2 o'clock the order nearly always arrives the next day.

Hi all,

- Cleaning spot

- Window cleaning stuff

- Amazon

Soap National are very good and their prices are the cheapest.

Soap National are very good and their prices are the cheapest.
soap national-AVOID HIM. heres why....years back i bought online a pack of Unger squeegee rubbers from him.When i got it turned out it would not pull a clean stroke on the glass ,all the same ,no good, altho it looked good to the eye.Seems the leading edge was not perfect .So i rang him up,got all manner of excuses basically him saying it was my fault.So i drove over to his shop and demanded he tried a strip out and he did on his own shop window...... straight away he knew i was right,it would not pull cleanly .So he gives me a refund to my card and then,THIS THE KICKER >>PUTS THE PACK of rubber back on the shelf telling me he will just sell it as usual.

soap national-AVOID HIM. heres why....years back i bought online a pack of Unger squeegee rubbers from him.When i got it turned out it would not pull a clean stroke on the glass ,all the same ,no good, altho it looked good to the eye.Seems the leading edge was not perfect .So i rang him up,got all manner of excuses basically him saying it was my fault.So i drove over to his shop and demanded he tried a strip out and he did on his own shop window...... straight away he knew i was right,it would not pull cleanly .So he gives me a refund to my card and then,THIS THE KICKER >>PUTS THE PACK of rubber back on the shelf telling me he will just sell it as usual.
Hmm okay, I'll have a think before ordering now. Thank you

@PristinePanes I've tried a few suppliers for traditional equipment and now I always use window clean centre (based in Ipswich I think). They are extremely helpful and their range is brilliant. If you order before about 2 o'clock the order nearly always arrives the next day.
I didn’t think we was able to mention such businesses on this forum. But they have always been my go too. Rapid delivery, great communication, everything you need and even have a loyalty scheme which is really good.

Hi all,

- Cleaning spot

- Window cleaning stuff

- Amazon

Window clean centre, Ipswich. Service is second to none. Used them for over 10 years.

Last time I looked, so does Toolstation.
Many, many years ago we bought a window cleaning bucket from B & Q as my lad dropped and split ours. Won't buy anything else from them for window cleaning. I did look at the time and it was all rubbish.
We were in Swindon and our next job was in Bordon where we needed hand tools for some balcony windows. We however had forgotten ours so asked Davy G if we could borrow some from him but he didn't have any.
We ended buying some from Screwfix, without doubt the biggest pile of :poop: we have ever bought, and that's saying something as we've bought plenty.

I didn’t think we was able to mention such businesses on this forum. But they have always been my go too. Rapid delivery, great communication, everything you need and even have a loyalty scheme which is really good.
@Nosey absolutely. Best company I've ordered from by a mile.

Last time I looked, so does Toolstation.
Many, many years ago we bought a window cleaning bucket from B & Q as my lad dropped and split ours. Won't buy anything else from them for window cleaning. I did look at the time and it was all rubbish.
Screwfix is a 2 min walk from home for me, whereas Toolstation is a 15 min drive :)
I bought a black 'builders' bucket from them last year to just use to wash the van, second time using it it split and that was just with water in it!
I don't mind paying for decent quality but sometimes it's so hard to know how good kit is.
Even 'decent' brands cut quality and make terrible products these days, you can't trust them.

We were in Swindon and our next job was in Bordon where we needed hand tools for some balcony windows. We however had forgotten ours so asked Davy G if we could borrow some from him but he didn't have any.
We ended buying some from Screwfix, without doubt the biggest pile of :poop: we have ever bought, and that's saying something as we've bought plenty.
They sell a 'window cleaning kit' far about £32 and it's terrible - so I was told by brother in law who gave it a go, could have been user error though as he's a plumber :)

Try wintecs if you want standard stuff
Good prices and not silly postage charges
Most small bits can be done for a quid postage for 2 day delivery

Latest Posts

Back