Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning forums-from a newbies perspective

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been a great forum for me, you get your smurf and cnc, both on opposite side of the spectrum:)eek::rofl:) in a way and the big boss like boarcity, who has to look after employees. Trad and wfp tips galore. only problem I have is choosing to buy equipment, what do I buy, what ladder( what feet:eek:), wfp brush:)eek:). Its a joy to have a bit of work talk, with a bit of banter. Well done Gav and thank you for the site and thank you to all who have given me advice directly or indirectly:thumbsup: Good post boarcity:thumbsup:

yep me want smurf money though.../emoticons/biggrin.png

well i do not at any stage regret my banana....and his trolley....me wants pure more more more..

Very true.....i have a long list of things to buy. Next thing is that standoff recommended last week. mmmm...now where is that thread
Oooh they are nice, i chipped in on a thread or started a thread on add ons about my experience, i will be using it this friday. They are brilliant, the one i got has the square wheels!!! What it means is the tyres are round but the wheel is square, so when you put your weight on the ladder the tyre squishes and turns into a grippy pad.

Hang on here is a link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Ultimate-Square-Wheel-Ladder-Stay-/231178190387?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&hash=item35d34b3e33

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very true.....i have a long list of things to buy. Next thing is that standoff recommended last week. mmmm...now where is that thread
I wasn't going to spend any money on gear this month until murphy advertised a pointer ladder in the sale section. Got the missus giving me grief now as I have 4 ext ladders, 3 step ladders, and 4 hop ups....that's a lot of aluminium lying about.

one way out Tolish, might be for you to find workers to employ to work those ladders to death

one way out Tolish, might be for you to find workers to employ to work those ladders to death
I've been thinking about it mate, but I'm just a bit worried about being responsible for someones livelihood. My rounds no where near big enough to employ people anywhay, but when the time comes I'll be hitting you up for advice as the way I see it its the only way to make any real money in this game.

Just want to say thanks guys for sharing all of your wisdom with us, without this forum I would never have thought of being a windie.....Just want to say a big thank you to all of you for helping out all of us newbies./emoticons/wink.png

Your can learn a lot on here but at the end of the day it's down to the individual if they have the drive and determination to make it work or not. If it was easy money then everybody would be a window cleaner surely.

And yes you will be forever buying kit too as @cheapncheerful has found out going down the wfp route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Found this post and I just wanted to echo what has been said. This forum is a life line for some of us starting out, the posts I have read have been more than supportive and for me, if it were not for this site, I would be going back to office work, the very job role that has killed me as a person now for 8 years and its time I realised I have to do somthing I want to do in life and not hate every day.

I have been very nervous quitting work and taking to a new role of windows and gardening, but I have the drive and will work hard and being shown this site it gave me the drive to follow my dreams and start my own business.

So thank you to all on this site, you no whom you are and thanks for the advice so far, I really did not expect to have people go out there way to get me info and be supportive. much respect. Now I just have to go out and get custys and prove all the doubters wrong in my family and friends......

Why do people automatically think window cleaning is a **** job to do? I have people telling me no every day. I think its great, if your hard driven it is good, you run your own business, set your own goals and are outside free, can liten to music and radio all day, I think its great.

Anyway, the site creators should be happy with what they have achived on this active forums.

Scottie.

Good thread boar, but newbies beware!!!!!
This forum will cost you a fortune lol

In buying all the loverly gadgets and top quality gear lmao
yeh keir your right before I came on this site I was trad, just dodging a long

W F P never on my mind

joined this forum with all the info, next thing spent all my cash WF P gear

but never looked back

we have lost a lot of members in the last year

I clean this lovely big house nice drive three cars flash gardens , yeh you would say dream house

friend of the family it belongs to the local dentist

was cracking to the guy just back from his hols been to work that day. He was saying hates going to work

hates his job. Came away thinking this guy has everything ( tidy wife too ) wants for nowt but is so sick

fed up. Well guys we may not have the flash houses but at the end of the day we are more content

and happy,

Wish I could have posted a answer like yours Scottie as it does say it all about the help that we get on here, I live in a small Town in Wiltshire where the Windies close ranks. I know that without this website I wouldn't know where to start so thanks to all of you./emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't know why they behave like that

If they were friendly and had enough work why not help you out and tell you what areas they don't cover etc

We all have to make a living

Get off my patch:rofl:

I don't know why they behave like thatIf they were friendly and had enough work why not help you out and tell you what areas they don't cover etc

We all have to make a living

i was in a dont want to go to work as its monday feeling....but reading all these posts remind me it could be worse i could have another job to go to......good weather loadsa jobs lined up...i shall get stuck in....i can have my week off when the rainy season arrives...and arrive it will one day../emoticons/smile.png

Make hay while the sun shines as they say...That's why I was working today /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've a funeral to go to at 12 noon so might have a drink or two afterwards then a nice long nap later in the afternoon /emoticons/wink.png

Back