Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working In The Rain!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AS my windows are low to the ground and spatter up with muck the minute it rains plus I am tight ha. The rain has been coming sideways up here in Derbyshire today and you cant see if you have the muck off the windows due to driving rain,  plus too windy to mess with poles at real height either. Kent the sun was probably out down there today was it Tango

Driving rain as we have here in Derbyshire Peaks at the moment there is no way I would pay someone to clean the windows on my house, so I kind of think I cant charge customers to do the same. If it was straight down no wind then maybe. Not that hungry yet!!

No wonder we're growing strong in the peak district. ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I don't do it often (I live in one of the dryest parts of the UK) on the odd occasion I've been asked about it I've just said that one of the good things about the system is that as it's a 'wet system' (in that we don't leave the windows dry but allow them to air dry) it makes very little if any difference to the end result when dry. I also garantee that if they dry dirty as a result of the rain then I will either come back and reclean them if I can or refund their money. I think that reassurance from the start stops them worrying about it too much as I'm sure there have been some rain showers after a long dry spells which have left a lot of sandy dust about but I've not had one customer in twelve years of WFP ever take me up on it.

Though I don't do it often (I live in one of the dryest parts of the UK) on the odd occasion I've been asked about it I've just said that one of the good things about the system is that as it's a 'wet system' (in that we don't leave the windows dry but allow them to air dry) it makes very little if any difference to the end result when dry. I also garantee that if they dry dirty as a result of the rain then I will either come back and reclean them if I can or refund their money. I think that reassurance from the start stops them worrying about it too much as I'm sure there have been some rain showers after a long dry spells which have left a lot of sandy dust about but I've not had one customer in twelve years of WFP ever take me up on it.
 Thanks for that input!

That's great to know as I'm pretty new to this and was wondering if I can still clean in the rain. Cheers

A week of solid rain like this is getting to be an annual thing to some degree I think climate change is responsible and the seasons are changing.  

What I think about more though is how much money is going to be missed out on by window cleaners across the country this week. 

This is why add-ons work so well for me.  Barely had time for a cup of tea this week. 

Did nearly a full day today in Cambridgeshire, only stopped because I ran out of jobs to do. Light drizzle with the odd shower all day.

Don't tell @Iron Giant, he'll be after your work ? Sorry, bored in hotel room as too early to go on the drink. 
Like this small, I even found one that could be you, you only need to grow a tash ?

Doozers-observed.jpg

download.jpg

AS my windows are low to the ground and spatter up with muck the minute it rains plus I am tight ha. The rain has been coming sideways up here in Derbyshire today and you cant see if you have the muck off the windows due to driving rain,  plus too windy to mess with poles at real height either. Kent the sun was probably out down there today was it Tango

The morning was overcast but the afternoon was nice. Overcast again this morning though

I had long ginger hair back in the 70s, bald now after three daughters and 25 years in printing, should have been windie years ago,  and I even managed to clean windows in the rain today in the Peak District. Full water proof gear on and just told the farmers there were nothing wrong with the weather just their clothes! Managed a good day though my socks will have to go on the radiator tonight. Thankfully they are water proof so feet not shrivelled or ginger!!

Back