Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would you startup today knowing what you now know?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We started off trying to use a 47' fibreglass monstrosity, both my son and I get belly button hernias from the strain trying to use the damn thing. You were tired just extending it, let alone using it. ?  
You make a good point there about hernias. I had major abdominal surgery 7 years ago - they literally had to take out most of my guts via an 8 inch incision. In 2014 i was diagnosed with two small hernias (surgeon warned of that being a possible result) which i still have. I never gave it much thought when using the CLX - which though lighter than what you started with, could affect me internally (if i over indulge or do other strenuous things i sometimes get a ripping / sore sensation). Thanks for the tip.

I only got an slx22 and even that, at some angles when extended I find real painful, like hernia potential. dont reckon i'd handle high/heavy work. Also steel plate in left wrist dont help, 
I've got the CLX27 and at all 6 sections extended it's an untamed beast. I'm sure it's whats caused me to start having back problems (though i found out last year that i'd had something wrong with my spine years ago but never been told). If you don't think high / heavy work is going to do you any good then just stay clear of it as you know your body best and if it's telling you that something isn't right or it's a strain then you need to listen and obey.

I've got the CLX27 and at all 6 sections extended it's an untamed beast. I'm sure it's whats caused me to start having back problems
I'm sure by now that you have lots of window cleaning customers? Buy yourself an Xtreme and you'll wonder how you did without it. It's so much lighter and more rigid than the others. It's like waving a feather around! Your body will thank you for it.

We started off trying to use a 47' fibreglass monstrosity, both my son and I get belly button hernias from the strain trying to use the damn thing. You were tired just extending it, let alone using it. ?  
I here you about the extending it ? I have 60ft  Fiber glass pole in the garage, I really cant believe we used too use that bloody thing!!

How things have changed 

I would start again knowing what I do know now.

But I must admit I love the feeling of improving things and learning how to get jobs done faster, easier etc. Lots of pointers on this forum. Every time you implement something new and see the benefits it makes it fun (sad but true). My favourite leaps forward recently:

an electric reel

using round software like squeegee

using degreaser on g/f/s 

using DuPont brush heads

Back