Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Insulating my van

SPCleaning

I want to insulate my transit in a bid to keep Jack Frost away from my equipment this winter. I was thinking of using the insulation panels used in house builds and then ply lining over the top. Also I have no bulk head and thought I would put in a ply one.

Is there a better way?

Any thoughts, tips or comments?

Go to b and q and get the silver bubble wrap insulation. Use adheasive spray glue from ebay (get a couple)

Did that last year and it kept my van cosy and reduced moisture on the roof.

Does the foil bubble wrap go rusty with moisture? I know foil blankets will after time.

Guest SolarPanelCleaning

It's all about the u and r value of the material being used. I've used the foil bubble wrap before and it's nowhere near as good as rigid board (polyisocyanurate or p.i.r. board, phenolic board is also good). If you're not sure, just buy 100mm thick sheet (1200 x 2400) of kingspan. I've spent too much time researching insulation. It's sad.

I did a barn conversion in sheeps wool ( never see a cold sheep do you?) but it costs a fortune, wasted on a van.

Good luck!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.