Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shoulder aches/burn or neck?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jake

What do you guys find aches the most when wfp ing all day,

I find my left shoulder takes the brunt of it, nice lactic acid burn! Then my neck occasionally gets a bit sore,

Also finding my fingers feel achy recently, from gripping the pole all day, not the other pole, I've got a wife:thumbsup:

I find if you use poles like these you could end up with a bad form of aching [emoji23][emoji85]
8c0c5409f8f57010d96058768c86965a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I only facelift full carbon poles or gardiner slx2's

Wouldn't wantto be using a 60ft aluminium!!

I find my arms ache ....... From

Carrying all the money I make throughout the day lol

On a serious note, everything aches after I've give the pole a smashing all day, but I work quick breaking a sweat on each job and got a cheap ass pole which is heavy as **** when I get home I can hardly keep my eyes open! But get my whites on an head into work to so my other job :-/

Just my arms from lift that bloody reel out of van. That's my next task. I got a 18ft Ex Ceed pole and its taken a load of weight off. I can work much faster now. I use my SLX with 1 extension for the bigger jobs.

Then I want 6mm hose instead of 8mm. That could make life much better again.

Then when I am loaded (never) Ill get an electric reel

I find my right shoulder hurts and can be tender and painful after a long days shining. I use SLX 25 and try not to overstretch. Also rinsing on glass helps.

I find my right shoulder hurts and can be tender and painful after a long days shining. I use SLX 25 and try not to overstretch. Also rinsing on glass helps.
you would be amazed how much lighter the slx 22ft is bang on extra light brush and hayho

I have used a SLX 25 for the last 10 months. Some jobs with an extension on. I now use Ex Ceed Innovation 18ft. What a weight saving. I still use my SLX but leave the extension on all the time for the bigger jobs. Best thing I did to date. I think the SLX 18 is about the same weight. Makes life a lot better. Next hose reel weight reduction /emoticons/wink.png

where ever you hurt I'd recommend having a sports massage, I had one yesterday on my left shoulder & the niggle I've had for a couple of weeks is gone.

I would rather have a massage in one of those naughty places. Would relieve loads of tension :laugh:
Tis another good reason why I'm so into DIY....saves myself loads of money in oh-so-many-ways :whistle: /emoticons/wink.png :hehehe: :hehehe:.

I use a 18ft hybrid pole, and then occasionally use a 25ft fiberglass pole. The weight of the brush makes a big impact on how much my arms and shoulders ache and hope to progress to a reachit pole / carbon pole

my arms sholders neck acke every day not loads but a bit if u go the the gym it helps for shore an a good massage will help at the end of each week

Back