Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Harvesting rain water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Philibobs

Good evening

Just got my self a TDS meter

I have 2 water butts one telling me a TDS of 45 the other 150, what's the best way of converting to pure

Ianit just a di vessel?

Kind regards

Hear from you all soon.

Put green scouring pads in the feed to the butts it acts as a prefilter and is good for <10microns so should remove a lot of ****. Then pump through Di vessels.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My water comes off & goes into a funnel of which at the end I have a bit of tights to act as a filter. I then put a couple of handfuls of resin in it then put a another pice of tight over the top held on with an elastic band. Make a hole in it and place the pipefrom the gutter in it & it goes through the resin into my butt. Off the roof the tds is 063. Once it goes through the funnel with resin in it it goes into the butt at 008.

Crikey where do you lot live. My first butt when I had them hovered around 12 second around 4 and could comfortably clean Windows without a di with that. Spend a bit of time maybe clearing and thouroughly cleaning at least your gutters and it might bring it down a bit. Or a lot.

Crikey where do you lot live. My first butt when I had them hovered around 12 second around 4 and could comfortably clean Windows without a di with that. Spend a bit of time maybe clearing and thouroughly cleaning at least your gutters and it might bring it down a bit. Or a lot.
I'm going to try that with scouring pad and resin, do you clean straight of that and don't connect to a di and get it down to zero

My water comes off & goes into a funnel of which at the end I have a bit of tights to act as a filter. I then put a couple of handfuls of resin in it then put a another pice of tight over the top held on with an elastic band. Make a hole in it and place the pipefrom the gutter in it & it goes through the resin into my butt. Off the roof the tds is 063. Once it goes through the funnel with resin in it it goes into the butt at 008.
I'm going to try that with scouring pad and resin, do you clean straight of that and don't connect to a di and get it down to zero

I don't think it would mate without di and I polished mine anyway but did clean with it a few times just to try and got no spotting.

Stuff that's in tap water doesn't settle (I think) but impurities in rain are usually just what's come off the roof etc and they do so filter it well before first small tank then with an outlet at top of that feed it to a larger one. Any dirt left will settle in first so second will be real low ppm.

I asked Pure Freedom about doing this and they told me you needed the pressure of an outside tap to push water through their RO and DI vessels (I use the 300gpd one). Where I live tap water is hard TDS reading of 450 so I thought what if I could collect rain water to polish instead of using tap water and feed the waste from the RO back into a water butt in a loop using tap water to top up when needed I could save quite a bit of money on filters resign and water rates, but they told me their RO would not work with this.

Has anyone tried recycling the waste from an RO when they make pure and is the water pressure from a water butt sufficient to push water through an RO or do you just polish it with resin first?

Sunday I tested it & I had t

2 25litres of water that read 002. I cleaned with it today & it came out perfect. It's going through resin anyway in the funnel. If it was 7 or over I'd run it through a di. To do this I just tip it into my backpack & connect it to my di.

Back