Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rcproperty

whats your go to pre treatment?

rcproperty

for those really bad dried on algae covered roofs, what is your go to pre treatment chemical??

rcproperty

I normally use Selden Maxima, I have found that better than some stuff out there, but always buying new ones to try lol

CHWS

I use TFR in the bottle attachment for my power washer and soak the whole thing

DanielT

I always used either Selden maxima or strongarm, but now I am all about Ubik2000!

rcproperty
I always used either Selden maxima or strongarm, but now I am all about Ubik2000!

what made you change from selden?

DanielT

It was all the ubik talk on here. Seemed a bit more eco friendly too

Green Pro Clean Ltd

I wet with garden hose and then apply 10/1 Ubik mix. Drink a cuppa then brush it off.

Dave B

Ubik or virosol

Leave for a few minutes max and don't leave to dry out

The green stuff melts away

Getting the roof wet first definitely helps avoid staining from drying out and using that method i have not stained anything

Andy

Ubix. Normal fascia cleans 25/ 1 really bad stronger mix I use a back pack pump through my pole and adjertate at the same time leave 5 mins pole off. Happy days

Dave B

I have been told tfr is great..not as strong as virosol or ubik but no need to worry about staining upvc

You can let it dry completely with no damage

I use virosol mainly due to the fact it is strong enough that i never pre treat i just use it mixed with water on my brush (usually in a bucket to occasionally dip the brush in) and brush on a section of around 9 foot of fascia and gutter and immediately turn the water on and continue scrubbing which rinses most of it off anyway..final quick rinse then move to next section

Roofs i will do a couple of panels at 1 time using the same method if green or just brush on and hose off with customers tap before final rinse

kahoona

Viro-sol for me, although I have tried Ubik and it seemed just as good. I use a 20-1 dilution, spray it on, leave it for 5 mins or so, being careful not to let it dry especially on sunny days. Then give it good old scrub with the brush , hose down with tap water, if custy will let you use their outside tap. repeat on really stubborn algy( very rare have to this). Then give a final light brushing and rinse with pure.

Eviestevie

Algon is very good specially for really green roofs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.