Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mass Leaflet Drop

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PureShine

Have been toying with the idea of a big leaflet drop. Has anyone on here done 20k - 30k leaflets over say a 2 week/1 month period?

How many customers do you think on average do you think is average for this amount of leaflets?

Any replies appreciated

You can build a full run on an online presence these days. It's all about connecting the dots in between. 

If you were to flyer drop in between, be sure to canvious the doors you put flyers through.

When I started I did leaflet drops as well as canvassing. For every 100 leaflets you post, you will get 2 customers on average. Sometimes you may not get any, sometimes you may get 6 or more, just depends on how well the area is sewn up. Yes, most people throw them in the bin, but there are some people who read them, and the ones that mske the effort to call you are likely to very interested in having a window cleaner. 

as green mentioned FB worked great for me, then door knock

picked loads of work with both these methods.I have 5000 flyers sitting in garage ,it just never happened.Door knocking is the way to go.

I have never paid on FB either could be gd idea.Whats the crack with that pay so much and they advertise

Had 10k delivered.. results were very poor.

Having said that guys have built successfull businesses off leaflets alone.

So I guess it boils down to who does your dropping.

I've had better results doing them myself but it's very time consuming.

Facebook or canvassing is a better use of time/investment I have found.

The good thing about leaflets is they tend to produce the best customers. You really have to wade through the **** on canvassed work and FB is a mixed bag.

Adam have you ever paid FB for there additional service for reaching more people

have thought of it  could be gd idea

What's this ? You mean paid ads?

Yes it works but far better R.O.I posting to groups. 

With Facebook I get loads of enquiries when I really hammer it, the only problem being I'm too pricey for most or they are all cheapskates whichever way you look at it. 

The same money you would spend on 20k flyers would have a far better ROI with a properly run FB campaign of the same value. 
I calculated my ROIS with facebook.

It has cost me £16.68 per customer acquisition. Compared with adwords which is £3.71, leafletting so far is £2.50 per customer acquired. Iv also found facebook for me has had the highest cancellation rate. I know facebook is good in many ways, but for me it just costs far more than other forms of advertising.

@adamangler im shocking at canvassing mate. I dont mind doing it at all, i just dont seem to pick up customers doing it. There are quite a lot of window cleaners in the area i cover so its still hit and miss with leaflets too. Im trying to figure out how to get an influx of work in different ways to paying for facebook ads as the cost is way too high.

£2.50 per customer but not counting how many hours it took to dish out the flyers vs facebook. You can  use buy and sell pages and Facebook marketing. Which is almost effortless.

Then try connect the dots for each new customer you get. 

Edit: Although for you like you said it hasn't worked out the best. For me it's went quite well. The best customers I ever got was from word of mouth and being seen cleaning with an embroided polo that had window cleaner on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
@adamangler im shocking at canvassing mate. I dont mind doing it at all, i just dont seem to pick up customers doing it. There are quite a lot of window cleaners in the area i cover so its still hit and miss with leaflets too. Im trying to figure out how to get an influx of work in different ways to paying for facebook ads as the cost is way too high.

In the opposite. I'm ok at doing it, had on results but I detest doing it. I pay for my canvassing these days.

I dont know for sure as Im just sorting out starting again after a 14 year gap (just let my round go coz of accident, yes, ladder.)  But I think it always used to be when there was plenty of building trade work on then there was always plenty of work for cleaning, and when the work packs in a lot of the builders etc turn to cleaning or whatevers about. I know down here where I live (south suffolk) theres loads of new builds etc so hope I shouldnt have any probs. I just did flyer drops, but maybe stick some flyers up in local shops/news boards etc.  Anyway, im still dillying and dallying about which Ro etc to get, but thats a different post lol. All the best anyway.

Now I will be bold and suggest your FB campaign is not set up right. 

Some very quick math off top of head customer cost = £2 per client cancellation rate after first clean (messers) 3%

Interesringly about 60% more happy to sign up to Gocardless right away as they are already quite tech savy being FB users. 

Now I will be bold and suggest your FB campaign is not set up right. 

Some very quick math off top of head customer cost = £2 per client cancellation rate after first clean (messers) 3%

Interesringly about 60% more happy to sign up to Gocardless right away as they are already quite tech savy being FB users. 
If you're getting that kind of return then I must be doing something wrong. Im currently just awaiting go cardless to verify all my details as im sick of late payers. All new customers will be offered either that or cash left in an agreed place, no more bank transfers but worry about losing customers as im pretty new and only have 103 custys at the minute. Green do you have any pointers I could maybe put into my facebook campaign to maybe lower my cost? If i could get it down to even £5 per acquisition id be very happy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I can't stand Facebook and all that what I had for dinner malarkey! I have seen my local competition on it when researching and they have some of the worst prices going and they have set the bar on there as far as I'm concerned. Some people may be successful with Facebook but I think I'm going to stick to the good old fashioned website instead and give Facebook a wide berth!! 

I do a leaflet drop every spring, one thing i have found out is that the result of weather its worth it or not has nothing to do with how many customers you get, its about how much money they bring in, you could drop 100 leaflets and get 5 customers at £15 each,  or you could drop 50 leaflets and get 2 customers at £50 each.

Back