Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to RO after using DI

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jgrayson11

Hi all,

Been using DI for 5 years or so now, been incredibly cost effective as my home tap water comes out at 43ppm consistently (used to be 35 until 3 years ago!) So resin lasts me a long while. Hoping to move house where water will be 150ppm out the tap. Considering RO to keep costs down, so I want more info and specs of what others use? Something cost effective but that won't take a full night to fill 300-400L tank.

Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The "correct" answer is to buy a proper 4040 setup, but that can end up costing about 500£+? It's a good investment, that's for sure, but it can be done cheaper until your business grows to the "next stage".

I started out with a 150gpd RO filling into a 180-200 drum which I then transferred to barrels. Worked absolutely fine for 1.5 years.

I recently switched to a 350l van mount, and changed my membrane for this 400gpd one, while increasing my stationary storage to 600l (3x200l drums). I pump the water from the stationary to the van with a cheap small diaphragm pump I have slowed down with a PWM controller so it doesn't make so much noise, it takes about 2-3 hours to fill the van. It then takes most of the evening and night to produce the 350l I pumped out of the stationary, but I have plenty of storage so it can take 24+ hours to fill for all I care.

I have a DI in the van as well, so if I'm out and about and run out of water I can just fill with tap water from anywhere and crack on.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure what ro system I have but I have 100l tank in garage and fill when every few days then have a pump from there to van with a hose about 3inch
Takes about 5mins to fill 600l tank

Also have a small di bottle in van just in case because I come out the pole

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back