Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×
john docherty

Liquidated that's my liquidators

Tried everything with these tools watched every poll's and blade video's they defo still leave a line at the edges used unger s plus today no lines minimal detailing I wish unger would 're invent the liquidators they do a great job with detailing but you need to constantly double check your work sped up no end today using the s plus what a good ideal the liquidators is it was just waiting to be invented but something is missing requires attention that's why polz and blades has to keep putting out videos the only thing I have not tried is the secret sauce that is coming out soon 

Report PostReport post

No Flaws In tools? when both trad and Bob have moded the channel with either clips, pins, bending the ends on the lounger channels or putting in another brand of rubber.

With all due respect Dave you say it's the user not the tool then when why are people modifying the squeegee so much. You may not use mods itself I don't know but If you do I don't know their are alot of people like that.

I will admit I am finally getting on with my liquidators after I changed the rubber and clipped the ends they are a great tool . But I still use my s channels on some types internal windows since Its easier.

When the channel can be used out of the box with the branded rubber and no mods on any length channel then you and blame the user only.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Report PostReport post

I feel that a couple of vids from both Bob and Trad have muddied the waters a tad. Bob bends his V2 clips forward because of the way he works and also I believe because he preferred the more forward angle on the original V1 clips. ... for us mere mortals however IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE DONE... I believe Trad was doing it so that the longer channels worked more efficiently, however I’ve found that if you use the longer channels (18 and 22) with a fixed handle there is NO issues. Pinning the rubber I do agree with. Should Moerman have sorted it? Sure, but they didn’t, so we do. (I have heard however that if you buy channels from the latest couple of production batches the clips are tighter and it isn’t necessary). Rubber? Everyone has a favourite rubber but as I’ve become more and more proficient with these tools I have no issue with most rubbers. I’ve got Moerman hard, soft, Ettore Master (Medium), Unger Hard, Black Diamond Hard and Razer Red. All work absolutely fine. I’ve used Liquidator from day one, no issues at all, ever. Slip, slip slip...directly to pad or glass, NOT in the bucket...Bob’s Gospel 😊 just do it.

Report PostReport post

Yes it's my fault I'm a carp window cleaner I'm stupid I can't squeegee after 25 years could you come and teach me how I don't think so my customers love me I don't want any mistakes I would love the liquidators to work straight out the box but they don't I me very meticulous and professional I have moded proded I have used them up down sideways I have used every type of soap also every type of rubber and there is sometimes a fine line at the tips of the channel not always it's nothing to do with worn rubber maybe it's the rubber I don't know I know the only type of rubber that is half good is ettore the reason I have stuck with these is that without a doubt these channels are definitely the best when it comes to detailing in fact I'm thinking about renewing them but sometimes there is a fine line trialling the very tips of them I have watched it doing it on my own patio doors and spent time experimenting how to get rid of it why would moerman want to let you use someone else's rubber if I was them I would be bursting my balls to fix this before unger move in is it the weather the rubber or the channel and I've also tried clean water in bucket and add soap to applicator as and when maybe I should just go back to being an astro physicist whatever that is

Report PostReport post

John, 25 years means nothing, unless you can recognise and lose the muscle memory of your old tools. I was trained on the Ettore Brass in ‘82. You can do the maths, it’s too scary for me 😊 I went from Ettore brass to SS. Unger 0° on a pole and then various versions of Wagtail. The real learning curve came when I started experimenting with dog earing. Then again after Herman promoted his shallower handle angle. The thing with dog eared channels and especially with the finely tuned Liquidator is that you must be totally pedantic with the attack angle. Even slight deviations will be punished. You then add in the very precise and fast pivot of the Excelerator... 

Report PostReport post

I can use them straight out of the box

I mod the angle on my handles as it suits my style as I work in a similar way to Bob but it isn't necessary but you will find every channel or handle I own of any make is modified in some way as nobody makes a tool that 100% suits my style. 

That doesn't mean than none of those tools work they just need tweaking to suit how I prefer to work

Report PostReport post

Thanks for your nice reply Eric I have been using these tools from the first week they came out I'm very fussy sometimes there is a fine trail coming off the ends maybe this channel is like a woman when she sees your are ****** off she gives you more grief but trust me sometimes there is an unexplained trail sometimes maybe it can read my mood

Report PostReport post