john docherty

Liquidated that's my liquidators

john docherty

Yes I don't do anything strange either I'm just guilty of being very up my own **** about the work I put out did you actually check closely the work in the above video or are you that good with the liquidators that you don't need to check your work that was me

Dave B
34 minutes ago, Lawrence Morgan said:

2 questions about that vid

it looks ur using razor red rubber fitted in it am or correct or not?

2 that's a silver channel so it's a demo or very early version the mark 1 or 2 ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It was razr i believe as i use various rubber

It's silver due to being an old one from Moërman but the others are black ones in the other vid

They all eventually turn silver anyway

Dave B
13 minutes ago, john docherty said:

Yes I don't do anything strange either I'm just guilty of being very up my own **** about the work I put out did you actually check closely the work in the above video or are you that good with the liquidators that you don't need to check your work that was me

I've been using them since before they were available for sale so am very competent with them and been using hand modded channels for over 10 years of my 26 year career so have no fear that my work is perfect

Never had a problem with them whether v1 or v2 clips since day 1

You can see in the 2nd vid there are no marks on the glass 

Edited by Dave B

Dave B

The only time you get a mark is if you turn too quick like in the very middle of the glass with this poor technique

(Look closely and you can see a line )

john docherty

Thanks again and thanks for the videos remember it's work tomorrow

rugbywolf
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:42, H MAN said:

Do you think it might have something to do with the swivel movement???

As see you said you use the standard fix handle liquidator now and then..

I didn't mean better than the Moerman, I meant better than the fixed squeegees, I don't have a Moerman so can't comment on whether it is better or not.

scottish cleaning service

Eventually got to the bottom of why the liquidator is difficult to use. Its the angle of attack which is too shallow. I heated mine up and put it on a vice and bent the handle and it worked a treat. Try it, rather than leaving it lying around unused. cheers m

rugbywolf
7 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Eventually got to the bottom of why the liquidator is difficult to use. Its the angle of attack which is too shallow. I heated mine up and put it on a vice and bent the handle and it worked a treat. Try it, rather than leaving it lying around unused. cheers m

Well I would say it is more that you should get used to it as it is. I have put Liquidator channels into the old brass handles, and have had to bend them.

9 hours ago, rugbywolf said:

Well I would say it is more that you should get used to it as it is. I have put Liquidator channels into the old brass handles, and have had to bend them.

after I bent or adjusted it to 30 degrees, it worked a treat, no experience as I have only had it a few days. Its all to do with the "laws of physics" you canny change the laws of physics someone once said.

rugbywolf
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

after I bent or adjusted it to 30 degrees, it worked a treat, no experience as I have only had it a few days. Its all to do with the "laws of physics" you canny change the laws of physics someone once said.

As the army say "improvise adapt and overcome"

H MAN

Now doesn’t seem strange that both the Moerman & the Wagtail swivel handle have the same problem??
When squeezing into the edges.
Both have pivot at same point at the end.
Movement on the Moerman connection is flat so it sort of move more side to side as seen when people using them .
However Wagtail movement has a slightly concave disc connection allows you to swivel easier when fanning.
Both swivels on the Moerman & Wagtail can not have even pressure on the squeegee channel as you swivel or fan it.
Because once move off centre you get uneven pressure on the channel.
Believe when this is solved (swivel movement) it will not be necessary to put anything on the ends of the squeegee channels.

mike007

Use razr red in my moerman channels and persevered using them (with green end clips inserted) rather than looking too much for reasons I sometimes got lines and changed make of rubber or angle of attack  or wondering am I too close to the glass or too far away etc. When happened just changed to a normal squeegee, then would go back to the Moerman channel later and would work ok again!!!

It is my main squeegee now especially for pole work.

Example:

Friday afternoon finished work for week in pub playing pool...looks out and windie using pole and normal squeegee across road on upstairs windows, applicator on pole,scrubs some windows,pole down,squeegee on,straight pulls(not good technique),pole down, scrim over squeegee and detailed virtually entire window glass? no doubt leaving marks from damp scrim.

I would of used my pole with my Moerman 10" channel and fliq pad and excelerator swivel handle, scrub window,flick pad,squeegee window...job done....good tool.

john docherty

Had the best results yesterday with the liquidators No lines all day used the same technique changed my squeegee handle from the accelerator to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one ) used Tesco lemon dish soap in bucket mixed with water and razor red love this handle just now had it for ages 

2 minutes ago, john docherty said:

Had the best results yesterday with the liquidators No lines all day used the same technique changed my squeegee handle from the accelerator to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one ) used Tesco lemon dish soap in bucket mixed with water and razor red love this handle just now had it for ages 

its like a miracle, small change makes all the difference.

Dave B

Try just water in the bucket and add the soap direct to the applicator

Slips even better and avoids lines

Dave B

Julian pierce on youtube tried the contour pro and likes it

Not tried it myself but it may suit some peoples technique better than rigid handles

Incheck

I have been experimenting trad cleaning upstairs windows with various tools using a trad pole this week. For upstairs windows i find the moerman excellerator/liquidator/fliq combo is better. The wagtail high flyer is also a great tool for downstairs and i prefer it to the moerman for downstairs work but have difficulty using it on upper floors. This is just my personal experience of course. As for the results, 9/10 with the moerman, find the detailing of upper floors hard to master as harder to see so far up compared to downstairs windows. Unless using a ladder i dont think me using a trad pole will ever produce results as good as wfp does as far as upstairs windows goes

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

H MAN
1 hour ago, john docherty said:

So what does that tell you??

It would appear that the problem may be the Moerman handle?

Eric Gilliand
1 hour ago, H MAN said:

So was John using the Excelerator in fixed mode? If not then the comparison isn’t valid. You have to compare apples with apples Herman. It’s no use having a ‘dig’ or coming to a spurious conclusion without all the information. I only ever use the Excelerator in pivot mode. Don’t particularly like the feel or balance as a fixed handle when locked. My previous comments on slop in the angle change and at the pivot point  (and if locked, at the lock point) all contribute to loss of feel and accuracy in hand. The Contour Pro+ indeed works very well with Liquidator but on certain frames present it’s own idiosyncrasies. I find that with the sprung angle, over a long period you tend to tense your forearm too much to maintain your angle of choice but it’s great on deep awkward frames for tidy close outs. Almost all issues some are having with Excelerator/Liquidator combination would be sorted with attention paid to the design and manufacture at the pivot and adjusting mechanisms. By epoxying the angle change and my monitoring and occasional reseating of the riveted pivot pin have reinforced this for me.

Edited by Eric Gilliand

H MAN

But Eric, John said he had changed Handles from a Exccelerator  to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one )

Eric Gilliand
3 minutes ago, H MAN said:

But Eric, John said he had changed Handles from a Exccelerator  to the ettore contour pro ( the bendy one )

Yes, but the Contour Pro+ is NOT a pivot squeegee as such. Its like the Sorbo handles but has a sprung 0°-40° sprung adjustment which can be locked at 0°.

H MAN

Yes he had trouble using the Moerman but so as he changed over did not have the problems using the liquidator channel

This is why it seems that it could be the Moerman handle it self. 

You had to do a few adjustments to get to work also.

But as you and I know not everyone can or do not want to muck around trying to fix something that should of been thought through in the designing stage.

I stead of getting people to change the way they would nominally use a squeegee.

Or/ and work around there way they designed it. 

Just say.

Eric Gilliand
3 hours ago, H MAN said:

Yes he had trouble using the Moerman but so as he changed over did not have the problems using the liquidator channel

Again...was he using Excelerator fixed or pivoting. It takes a lot of practice to perfect the Liquidator in hand with a pivoting handle. Easier on a pole, which of course is what the original design brief on the Excelerator was. 

3 hours ago, H MAN said:

This is why it seems that it could be the Moerman handle it self. 

You had to do a few adjustments to get to work also.

No. It worked OK straight from the packet. I made a few adjustments because I’m OCD 😊 The squeak of the angle change drove me insane when using it in hand and it was only after much use that I discovered the importance of the pivot integrity. My adjustments were fine tuning and those observations have been passed on to Moerman.

3 hours ago, H MAN said:

But as you and I know not everyone can or do not want to muck around trying to fix something that should of been thought through in the designing stage.

Correct. Liquidator channels with the fine tuning that resulted in V2 are excellent and actually worked well from initial release. Excelerator, in general is an excellent handle also. I would suggest as a first production release with many more features than Wagtail has ever had they did pretty darn well in the ‘designing stage’

3 hours ago, H MAN said:

I stead of getting people to change the way they would nominally use a squeegee.

Or/ and work around there way they designed it. 

Just say.

I have no problem with modifying/fine tuning the way I work if a new tool demands it. We evolve or die man. 😊

H MAN

Ok fair enough Eric sounds like you have it under control.

Think we had similar problems with the Wagtail and modified /fine turned that as well.

Till you get it so it works best for your way of using it.

PEACE :1f603:

12 hours ago, H MAN said:

Yes that's what I have noticed. The handle is to shallow and gives a poor angle of attack. That why the moment you bend it up or fit a new handle it works a dream. Try it and notice the difference.