Hi guest don't want to see slide in ads? Register for free! Read more... ×

I need alittle help. I have tried knocking doors and have dropped leaflets off but no matter what I try I can’t seem to pick up customers. I find it really frustrating as I’m working hard and getting nowhere. I really want this to work for me. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you very much for your time. Cameron 

Report PostReport post

How many doors have you knocked? How many leaflets have you dropped? How long have you been trying?

its difficult at this time of year, tends to be a little slow for new work compared to the summer months. Leaflets need to be delivered in huge quantities generally 1-2 enquiries per 1000 leaflets would be considered an average return. In some areas it’s not as easy to build a round as the Internet gurus claim. But it will happen with persistence!

Report PostReport post

17 minutes ago, Cameronmalson1985 said:

Hello. I have been doing leaflets for about a week and every door I have knocked they have said sorry we got a window cleaner. I have delivered about 1000 leaflets so far. No1 seems to be interested and it’s frustrating. Thank you for the reply 👍🏼

For Sale/Sold boards!! Note which houses are for sale/sold in your area. As soon as a sold sign goes up a potential new customer will be moving in. Knock the door as soon as there's a sign new people have moved in and give them the spiel that you clean in the road blah blah blah. Look on Rightmove for houses you can target in the areas you want to work. Put leaflets up in shops, put an ad in the local parish magazine. There is work out there, you can find it. It will be slow to start but if you're determined you'll get to where you want.

Report PostReport post

I dropped 1000 leaflets once mate and had about 3 calls, its a very poor return for a lot of work in my experience. Our flyers didnt look as good as they could have mind but everything was a bit of a rush when we started out & thats one things that really could have been improved on .

Canvassing on the other hand, built our business. gets work if done at the right time. Saturday mornings between 11 & 2:30 are the best for picking up custys canvassing.

Could try online advertising, it works well for me, all of our work is now through recommendation or online advertising, or through people seeing us working & flagging us down in the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Report PostReport post

I was lucky enough. I delivered 65 leaflets the other week to a street right next to mine. Ended up with 3 gutter jobs and a regular job that’s £25 a pop!
You just need to find that sweet spot and keep running at it!
I’m slowly but surely increasing my round and I’ve only been going a month.

Report PostReport post

10 minutes ago, Incheck said:

I dropped 1000 leaflets once mate and had about 3 calls, its a very poor return for a lot of work in my experience. Our flyers didnt look as good as they could have mind but everything was a bit of a rush when we started out & thats one things that really could have been improved on .

Canvassing on the other hand, built our business. gets work if done at the right time. Saturday mornings between 11 & 2:30 are the best for picking up custys canvassing.

Could try online advertising, it works well for me, all of our work is now through recommendation or online advertising, or through people seeing us working & flagging us down in the street.

I delivered loads today and thought I would have at least one but nothing. Been on Facebook and have had 3 tonight. What do you mean by canvassing. Do you mean by knocking doors and asking if they need a window cleaner. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it 👍🏼

Report PostReport post

I delivered loads today and thought I would have at least one but nothing. Been on Facebook and have had 3 tonight. What do you mean by canvassing. Do you mean by knocking doors and asking if they need a window cleaner. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it

Thats correct, the old knock knock. I didnt like doing it, you get all sorts of reactions, and anybody could answer the door. no cold calling signs on every other house, security sidneys who’ve got cameras fitted everywhere reporting every unauthorised door knocker to trading standards, the people who work nights or the alcoholics on their hangovers waking up to answer the door and giving you a torrent of abuse. The times when someone elderly who really struggles to answer the door slowly arrives and when they do answer it you think aww bless them i’ve got them all the way out of their chair and then you feel guilty. But..its a fast way to get work theres no doubt about it.

When people email you or text you or leave a voicemail at least you know they are looking for your services and you can get a rough idea of who they are. Canvassing is the foundation of our business i cant deny but the sooner you can move away from it the better in my opinion.

Facebook, gumtree, local hang me up ads and local recommendations are thankfully how we are getting the work now that we are established

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Report PostReport post