Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
footsoldier79

Pricing driveways

footsoldier79
Posted (edited)

I'm fairly new to posting but here goes. I

Mainly window clean in Surrey/ Hampshire but have recently been asked to pressure wash patio's and driveways. I know there has previously been various topics/ discussions on this subject but wanted to get a rough idea on what to charge for the job in the picture.

It's definitely a clean required with potential for a sand and re seal so any approximate break downs would be greatly appreciated. (DSC_1379.thumb.JPG.38a0375a012a65d182f23aeb66b1ee42.JPGI know the picture is a little vague but the width of the driveway is approx my Ford Transit and a half) Thanks 

Edited by footsoldier79

scottish cleaning service

£3 a sq metre is what I am charging up here but down there then anything from £3. I would begin at £3 and see how it goes. When the custy is standing on the driveway then just measure it and say 100 sq metres so its £300. It will take you a full day to begin with.

footsoldier79

Thanks for the heads up. If they agree to have the sand and sealing done also what is the average rate for that for the same area after the sand/ sealer has been purchased?

Cheers

padman

Good luck with £3 the monkeys round me are 1/2 that 😠

Incheck

I’m looking at that as 4 hours with a jet wash, (£160) + 4-5 bags of sand -£25. + a re-sanding charge -£40

Total = £225.

(Not including blackwash or anything, if they want a chemical treatment charge them for the extra labor, the price of the chemicals and the PPE)

And make sure they pay for the chemicals up front. Cant be shelling out on them for them to just cancel the job

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I powerwash and sand for £3 but if they want sealer then its £5 minimum but I don't want to go down that route. You have to buy a blower to clean area and you need a hot dry day to seal it. Not many hot dry days up here so I could be waiting a while. I will sell them the resiblock and let them do it their selves.

As my gardener said, not worth taking mower out van for £10. Once you buy all the stuff (dry sand) and mix the chems, could you really charge less than £200? I would be looking at a full day for that monoblock driveway and then I wouldn't need to rush. You could start at 9.30am and miss the mad school run and be finished for 3pm with £300 in your tail. Why be greedy?

footsoldier79

Cheers for all the advice and pointers. I definitely need to quote slightly higher when I have enough jobs/ repeats to see me through! 😉 

Incheck

If they are close you can get two of these in a day, as it happens got two coming up on thursday. One the same size, one a bit smaller, should get both done comfortably between 8 & 5. Re-sand the following evening then after work, gonna be a looong Friday.
(Neither of them are having chemical treatments so will save on time there)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app