Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PureShine

How much to sell commercial work for?

PureShine

I am thinking about selling some of my commercial work in sutton coldfield and am wondering how much I can sell it for.

Its for one care home provider, 10 properties in total, one of the properties is front only.

It earns £286 every 4 weeks and can be done quite easily in a day (6 hours). They pay by cheque and are prompt.

7 properties are within half a mile in total.

How much do you think i could sell this for??

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

scottish cleaning service
18 hours ago, PureShine said:

I am thinking about selling some of my commercial work in sutton coldfield and am wondering how much I can sell it for.

Its for one care home provider, 10 properties in total, one of the properties is front only.

It earns £286 every 4 weeks and can be done quite easily in a day (6 hours). They pay by cheque and are prompt.

You might get a grand for it, if they continue with the new cleaner.

Part Timer
20 hours ago, PureShine said:

Unless you need the money why not sub it out. Someone would do it for £200, or less, leaving you the balance to cover paperwork. 

PureShine

Im not sure about subbing work out. I did think about it briefly but think it may get poached from under my nose. Im not in need of the money but was just toying with the idea of if were to sell it what could i get for it

4 times the price is usually the going rate, I have read on the forum.

Dave Shaw

It’s always a big gamble buying commercial compared to domestic. One lad I know paid £2500 for £500/month job. He cleaned it twice then they give it to someone cheaper. You may get a few cancellations when buying domestic if your face doesn’t fit but never all of em.

PureShine
It’s always a big gamble buying commercial compared to domestic. One lad I know paid £2500 for £500/month job. He cleaned it twice then they give it to someone cheaper. You may get a few cancellations when buying domestic if your face doesn’t fit but never all of em.

That makes me think id never want to sell work. Id hate the thought of that happening to someone i sold to. I know its the risk people take but id feel very bad. This has sort of made my mind up for me really. Cheers mate

5 hours ago, Dave Shaw said:

That's the reason one draws up a contract before one buys it.

Tuffers
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

One this one that. I reckon you're posh 😛

Dave Shaw

A contract from who? The seller or the client. I highly doubt you would get one from either. Alls you are buying is the good will that you can take that work over. Once that’s happened it’s up to the client on wether or not they keep you on and for how long.

1 hour ago, Tuffers said:

Aye your half right. Very posh dad and not so posh mum so I have the ability to flick between my accents. Would make a good actor I guess.

1 hour ago, Dave Shaw said:

A contract from who? The seller or the client. I highly doubt you would get one from either. Alls you are buying is the good will that you can take that work over. Once that’s happened it’s up to the client on wether or not they keep you on and for how long.

No, you draw up the contract with the seller. If the client cancels the contract within 6 months then you get a percentage of your money back.

Football clubs do it all the time now. If they sell a footballer and the club sell him on for over ex amount then the old club gets a percentage of the new fee which is written into the old contract.

If you didn't have a contract with the seller then the seller and the client could fleece unsuspecting buyers every few months. A bit like Albert Steptoe selling his pigeon to the market stall. Sold it twenty times till they found out it was a homing pigeon.  

Part Timer
2 hours ago, Tuffers said:

A posh Jock 🤔

4 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

You would never get a seller to do that. If they did you could sell it to someone else, friend or family, pretend you've lost the job and claim your money back.  

laurend

You need to be really careful when buying/selling work.
As someone said, you’re only buying the goodwill of the customers and they may not want to stay with you.
I would only buy commercial if I could get a no cancellation guarantee from the customer for a year, otherwise it’s just too risky.

Dave Shaw

No, you draw up the contract with the seller. If the client cancels the contract within 6 months then you get a percentage of your money back.
Football clubs do it all the time now. If they sell a footballer and the club sell him on for over ex amount then the old club gets a percentage of the new fee which is written into the old contract.

If you didn't have a contract with the seller then the seller and the client could fleece unsuspecting buyers every few months. A bit like Albert Steptoe selling his pigeon to the market stall. Sold it twenty times till they found out it was a homing pigeon.  

It’s a good idea and would certainly safeguard your investment but you would have to have a screw loose to be offering that sort of deal as a seller.
Tbh commercial is completely different to domestic as in its every man for himself. Where as it’s a bit of an unwritten rule that you don’t go poaching work off other windys on domestics, on commercials there’s nothing wrong with putting a price in if they already have a cleaner. You will get the small family run business’s that will stay loyal to their windy but that’s about it. That being said your better off just going in with a price and getting it for free. The closest to a contract would probs be if the client offers a tenure which are usually renewed every few years to the lowest bidder. All this is probs why commercial prices are on the decline and there seems to be more money domestics these days as they are certainly on the rise

4 hours ago, Dave Shaw said:

It’s a good idea and would certainly safeguard your investment but you would have to have a screw loose to be offering that sort of deal as a seller.
Tbh commercial is completely different to domestic as in its every man for himself. Where as it’s a bit of an unwritten rule that you don’t go poaching work off other windys on domestics, on commercials there’s nothing wrong with putting a price in if they already have a cleaner. You will get the small family run business’s that will stay loyal to their windy but that’s about it. That being said your better off just going in with a price and getting it for free. The closest to a contract would probs be if the client offers a tenure which are usually renewed every few years to the lowest bidder. All this is probs why commercial prices are on the decline and there seems to be more money domestics these days as they are certainly on the rise

Cheer Dave, the first thing a beancounter cuts is the cleaning budget to save some money. That's why commercial on decline and people are now putting their hard earned money into bricks & mortar. Houses don't really lose value and actually increase through decades. So people are looking after their homes because it is usually their only investment. A total clean is a good investment before one sells a house, puts thousands on the final price. :1f609:

Green Pro Clean Ltd
On 13/06/2018 at 15:48, scottish cleaning service said:

4 times the price is usually the going rate, I have read on the forum.

Try looking on windowcleaningroundsforsale on there you're lucky to find anything under 10 x these days. 

IMO commercial work has no value for selling on unless they agree to a lengthy contract and terms prior to the sale..  Nothing to stop them droping you the second it's sold and going else where for cheaper.  

Subbing would be your best bet.  I used to do a half day on  a care home for a mate that had the contract for £250 per clean.  I got £200 and got £50 For nothing more than putting in an invoice. We were both happy. 

On 14/06/2018 at 04:50, scottish cleaning service said:

Football clubs do it all the time now. If they sell a footballer 

Small difference between Man U / Chelsea and @Part Timer / @Dave B

(Chelseas pockets are no where near as deep as Part Timers) 😋

Aye, don't fancy buying commercial work because the contract comes up for renewal and you don't get it, means you have paid for a short period of work.

Cghwindowcleaning

when ever I see threads on forums talking about the value of rounds it's funny how it's always window cleaners saying I wouldn't pay this and that and your only buying goodwill,I would never buy work etc.

Will most of you be giving your work away when you retire?

Decent work will fetch upwards of 5x and commercial will fetch much more.

Part Timer
11 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Small difference between Man U / Chelsea and @Part Timer / @Dave B

(Chelseas pockets are no where near as deep as Part Timers) 😋

I would agree if I didn't spend it as fast as I earn it. Currently on the drink in Newmarket, that knackered last night only had 5 pints 😥

19 hours ago, Part Timer said:

I would agree if I didn't spend it as fast as I earn it. Currently on the drink in Newmarket, that knackered last night only had 5 pints 😥

I thought I seen you at Ascot the one wi the top hat. :1f602:

P4dstar
On 13/06/2018 at 19:57, Tuffers said:

I reckon he'd get himself in trouble talking like that up your end @Tuffers... He'd fit right in with the toffs round here though haha.

Part Timer
3 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I thought I seen you at Ascot the one wi the top hat. :1f602:

My heads to big to wear a top hat, just ask @Den He will reply tomorrow as he is on the drink and being from Essex can't multi task 😘 And I'm still on the drink in Newmarket 🤗

Den

You would have to wear a dustbin lol, , what you doing drinking on a school night that’s  not allowed haha.

Redditch windy

well i just lost a nice commercial job to a "national contract" supplier,didnt even have chance to requote!!!! the local manager wants to keep me but head office said no!!! oh well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.