Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Added Sparkle Extra

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hear we go again total waist of time why spend thousands on filtration then chuck these unnecessary things in your tank only a fool would be taken in by this it’s not needed use pure at 000 hot if you can afford it and want to work faster if not cold will do the job no addertives needed 

I thought it was going to say on the side:

"Now with genuine, 100% pure Snake Oil!* (<0.005%)"

"---* Trademark, does not contain actual snake oil---"

Just kidding ? but it does seem to be fixing a problem that isn't really a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
So people spend hundreds of their hard earned to get a set up that reduces their water to 0ppm only to spend more money on contaminating it.

Does this stuff actually do anything more than the pure water itself? 

You would think that if it did improve anything at all that the makers would in some prove the results and then aggressively advertise the results?

If it was me making this stuff and I had scientific proof of effectiveness I would be showing every single window cleaner in the country.

Until that happens...….

wYou would think that if it did improve anything at all that the makers would in some prove the results and then aggressively advertise the results?

If it was me making this stuff and I had scientific proof of effectiveness I would be showing every single window cleaner in the country.

Until that happens...….
made me giggle a bit this comment,science is a different sphere to chemistry,anyway what do you want or need to be proved?,how about e mailing those suppliers with your questions as as far as I know the suppliers that are online are not on this forum,i'm pretty much neutral in all this additives thing as I use what I know works for me,but you need to be clear as in what you want to see regarding proof mate

Last edited by a moderator:
We use vision, have been for the past 2 years now. I dont think it makes any difference to the final result or cleanliness but it does add a bit of slip and if you’re using cold water like we are the extra slip certainly helps. I reckon it speeds up cleaning by something minimal, 5% maybe, but every little helps.

Compare it to a tradder who puts soap in his water instead of on his applicator. If you have just water in the bucket and put a bead of soap on the applicator instead, the window does soap up better.

Thats the best comparison i can come up with.

If i was using hot i probably wouldn’t bother with it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

made me giggle a bit this comment,science is a different sphere to chemistry,anyway what do you want or need to be proved?,how about e mailing those suppliers with your questions as as far as I know the suppliers that are online are not on this forum,i'm pretty much neutral in all this additives thing as I use what I know works for me,but you need to be clear as in what you want to see regarding proof mate
Science proves/disproves a theory!

In theory this stuff is supposed to be of benefit, but I have yet to see any proof.

I have not emailed and asked anyone for proof as I really couldn't care less about the stuff, I am merely expressing interest in a topic on a forum.

Latest Posts

Back