Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is my resin to old?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

I Had my system about 14 months all second hand,fillters inc 4/40 RO changed this spring Last time changed resin ithought this hasn't lasted long,so changed resin the other day out put 0 ppm lovely,ran 750ltrs to fill holding tank,gone to it today to start another run,PPM 3.Now I was given half abig bag of Tulsan with the system but I think it must have gone off,ive kept the bag rolled down as tight as I could.I should be getting mre than just 750ltrs per resin change,shouldnt I? Resin tank 18" by 6" RO output 29 or 30 PPM thanks.

I Had my system about 14 months all second hand,fillters inc 4/40 RO changed this spring Last time changed resin ithought this hasn't lasted long,so changed resin the other day out put 0 ppm lovely,ran 750ltrs to fill holding tank,gone to it today to start another run,PPM 3.Now I was given half abig bag of Tulsan with the system but I think it must have gone off,ive kept the bag rolled down as tight as I could.I should be getting mre than just 750ltrs per resin change,shouldnt I? Resin tank 18" by 6" RO output 29 or 30 PPM thanks.
If your output from the R.O. Is 30 & you’ve only had 750 litres i would think the resin is indeed naff. It’s strange though as i’ve kept half bags of tulsion in the garage for months on end without making any special effort to make it airtight & haven’t had any issues. Seems a bit of a mystery. Our output at the tap is 75ppm currently, no R.O. Just double d.i. after that. We use the big vessels & only need to change one of them every 3 months. Maybe there’s something unforeseen? Resin getting damp where it’s been stored ?‍♂️

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That may explain your issues but is still unlikely if its been kept in a bag. You never know the previous owner (person who sold it to you) could have had it open in the back of his van for months, condensation could have got in the bag, that is entirely possible.

For all those that use resin how long does resin last once it's in a di vessel ? got a mate who is wanting clean his own windows but was curious if the resin would go off just sitting in a DI and only getting used every few weeks 

For all those that use resin how long does resin last once it's in a di vessel [emoji848] got a mate who is wanting clean his own windows but was curious if the resin would go off just sitting in a DI and only getting used every few weeks 
Keeps for ages mate never had an issue at all, we leave it over christmas for 2 weeks come back nothing wrong and it will be good for months after.

Latest Posts

Back