Damo

Working In The Rain!!!

Green Pro Clean Ltd
23 hours ago, Mcsandlaly said:

Driving rain as we have here in Derbyshire Peaks at the moment there is no way I would pay someone to clean the windows on my house, so I kind of think I cant charge customers to do the same. If it was straight down no wind then maybe. Not that hungry yet!!

No wonder we're growing strong in the peak district. 😏😉😄

Edited by Green Pro Clean Ltd

Marko067

Though I don't do it often (I live in one of the dryest parts of the UK) on the odd occasion I've been asked about it I've just said that one of the good things about the system is that as it's a 'wet system' (in that we don't leave the windows dry but allow them to air dry) it makes very little if any difference to the end result when dry. I also garantee that if they dry dirty as a result of the rain then I will either come back and reclean them if I can or refund their money. I think that reassurance from the start stops them worrying about it too much as I'm sure there have been some rain showers after a long dry spells which have left a lot of sandy dust about but I've not had one customer in twelve years of WFP ever take me up on it.

KenBoon
3 minutes ago, Marko067 said:

Though I don't do it often (I live in one of the dryest parts of the UK) on the odd occasion I've been asked about it I've just said that one of the good things about the system is that as it's a 'wet system' (in that we don't leave the windows dry but allow them to air dry) it makes very little if any difference to the end result when dry. I also garantee that if they dry dirty as a result of the rain then I will either come back and reclean them if I can or refund their money. I think that reassurance from the start stops them worrying about it too much as I'm sure there have been some rain showers after a long dry spells which have left a lot of sandy dust about but I've not had one customer in twelve years of WFP ever take me up on it.

Thanks for that input!

Steam

That's great to know as I'm pretty new to this and was wondering if I can still clean in the rain. Cheers

Green Pro Clean Ltd
56 minutes ago, Marko067 said:

(I live in one of the dryest parts of the UK)

Benidorm? 

Adman
15 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

A week of solid rain like this is getting to be an annual thing to some degree I think climate change is responsible and the seasons are changing.  

What I think about more though is how much money is going to be missed out on by window cleaners across the country this week. 

This is why add-ons work so well for me.  Barely had time for a cup of tea this week. 

Iron Giant
13 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Did nearly a full day today in Cambridgeshire, only stopped because I ran out of jobs to do. Light drizzle with the odd shower all day.

Don't tell @Iron Giant, he'll be after your work 😝 Sorry, bored in hotel room as too early to go on the drink. 

Like this small, I even found one that could be you, you only need to grow a tash 🤣

Doozers-observed.jpg

download.jpg

Part Timer
49 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Like this small, I even found one that could be you, you only need to grow a tash 🤣

Doozers-observed.jpg

download.jpg

@steve garwoodis in the background as well 😁

Marko067
14 hours ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Benidorm? 

South Essex. It was very wet here Monday though

Tango
15 hours ago, Mcsandlaly said:

AS my windows are low to the ground and spatter up with muck the minute it rains plus I am tight ha. The rain has been coming sideways up here in Derbyshire today and you cant see if you have the muck off the windows due to driving rain,  plus too windy to mess with poles at real height either. Kent the sun was probably out down there today was it Tango

The morning was overcast but the afternoon was nice. Overcast again this morning though

steve garwood
8 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

When he had hair 🤣

I am still a proud member of the superior race, my ginger locks still remain I’ll have you know!

All 12 of them 😩

Iron Giant
2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

I am still a proud member of the superior race, my ginger locks still remain I’ll have you know!

All 12 of them 😩

I am as grey as a badger and I am around 10 years younger than you 😔 not sure which is worse 🤔

Edited by Iron Giant

Part Timer
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

I am as grey as a badger and I am around 10 years younger than you 😔 not sure which is worse 🤔

I'm silver haired 😋 and still got a very full head of hair. Unfortunately I've also got a very full stomach to go with it 😔

Mcsandlaly

I had long ginger hair back in the 70s, bald now after three daughters and 25 years in printing, should have been windie years ago,  and I even managed to clean windows in the rain today in the Peak District. Full water proof gear on and just told the farmers there were nothing wrong with the weather just their clothes! Managed a good day though my socks will have to go on the radiator tonight. Thankfully they are water proof so feet not shrivelled or ginger!!

albootyerbaws
On 10/06/2019 at 19:46, RWCleaning said:

I agree rain water won’t get windows dirty etc, but in torrential rain it always beats the dirt off the ground and every front, back & French doors will be covered in black specs for like the first 12-18 inches up. I just feel like Im giving off the impression that ‘I don’t really are’ if I clean in rain that heavy. But maybe I’m wrong I dunno, hard one to gauge.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd said in one of his videos that he cleans in what he considers ‘light rain’ obviously that can vary from one persons opinion to another, but I agree with that, I tell my customers when I introduce myself that I clean in light rain but not heavy rain etc.

Did normal windows in the morning today, but luckily I had a one off gutters & soffit clean this afternoon and it stopped raining by the time I did the windows afterwards 🙏

Long term plan is to have a few small contracts/ commercial jobs I can plan in the rain. 

agree with both posts.

Edited by albootyerbaws

Chriscp

Just starting out and interesting to know you still work in the rain, doesn't seem to make any difference to cleaning windows then...last few years I've been out in all weather's pruning fruit trees on my own in the middle of nowhere, thinking this may be the start of an easier life...