Jump to content
Dave Bass

Wfp from customer tap

Recommended Posts

Dave Bass

Hi guys,

I’ve just picked up a job for a housing company on a new block of flats, all OK but they’ve got an inner quadrant of nearly 100 large windows and no easy access for running my hose to it from outside. They do have outside taps in the quadrant though
 

I had a trolley when I first started out but dismantled it years ago (still have the frame just in case), but given the size of it it’ll be a ball-ache changing bottles etc

 

I was thinking of double DI from the tap, just wondered if you guys had any other ideas Or if you’d done it and run into issues such as flow rate? I’ve no idea about the water pressure etc as the site isn’t finished yet

 

Thanks guys,

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
5 minutes ago, Dave B said:

That's how the americans do it.. it will get the job done.

Thanks Dave,

 

I know there are trolley RO’s but but for 3-4 hours twice a year it’s not worth the expense and I’ve not needed it in the last 5 years so not like it’s a worthy investment to the kit

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B

I saw 1 American vid where the guy had cable tied a prefilter to a 4040 and connected straight to a tap for the same problem working in a quadrant.

Expensive way to do it but it works.

Had the waste going straight on the ground and pure straight to pole

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass

Thanks, I’ll probably give the double DI a go and bring some spare resin to see how I get on. Being a new site they’re expecting a couple of cleans before they’re perfect anyway so gives me some leeway on checking TDS, flow rate etc 

I can strap them together on a sack barrow too and it looks a bit more purpose built. If it’s a pain then I’ll look out for a 4040 and fit it to my old trolley

Thanks again 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj

Depending what the tds is double di would work ok as a last resort it but might eat resin  , we have a job with a courtyard and throw the hose over the roof it’s only two storey though don’t know if that would be an option ? 

Share this post


Link to post
spruce
7 hours ago, Dave Bass said:

Hi guys,

I’ve just picked up a job for a housing company on a new block of flats, all OK but they’ve got an inner quadrant of nearly 100 large windows and no easy access for running my hose to it from outside. They do have outside taps in the quadrant though
 

I had a trolley when I first started out but dismantled it years ago (still have the frame just in case), but given the size of it it’ll be a ball-ache changing bottles etc

 

I was thinking of double DI from the tap, just wondered if you guys had any other ideas Or if you’d done it and run into issues such as flow rate? I’ve no idea about the water pressure etc as the site isn’t finished yet

 

Thanks guys,

Dave

Should be OK with a single di vessel. You just have to hope that they don't switch the water supply off to that tap at some point. I would be more worried about that tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
5 hours ago, Pjj said:

Depending what the tds is double di would work ok as a last resort it but might eat resin  , we have a job with a courtyard and throw the hose over the roof it’s only two storey though don’t know if that would be an option ? 

It’s a quadrant of 3&4 storey flats so not an option unfortunately and the Car park is at basement level so have to take a lift and through corridors to get to the quadrant 

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
3 hours ago, spruce said:

Should be OK with a single di vessel. You just have to hope that they don't switch the water supply off to that tap at some point. I would be more worried about that tbh.

True, but I have contact with the maintenance team so can check that before going

Share this post


Link to post
Cghwindowcleaning

You could double link two hose reels and run hose down corridor and stair well.

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
12 hours ago, Cghwindowcleaning said:

You could double link two hose reels and run hose down corridor and stair well.

I had suggested this to the customer but it’ll have to run past so many peoples flats they weren’t keen on the idea

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B
51 minutes ago, Dave Bass said:

I had suggested this to the customer but it’ll have to run past so many peoples flats they weren’t keen on the idea

Opening yourself up to claims for tripping on hoses etc imo.

Someone will try it on lol.

Share this post


Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Better use a backpack or a few or you risk a claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Dave B
5 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Better use a backpack or a few or you risk a claim.

Why a backpack when di off the tap will be easier.

If the job pays for the resin why not.

Edited by Dave B

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G
6 hours ago, Dave B said:

Opening yourself up to claims for tripping on hoses etc imo.

Someone will try it on lol.

I agree, that surely would be an awful lot of time effort and worry. I'd think it would need to be a huge payer. It wouldn't be for me, to be honest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
16 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I agree, that surely would be an awful lot of time effort and worry. I'd think it would need to be a huge payer. It wouldn't be for me, to be honest. 

It’s definitely good money but running the hoses through the building was never really an option

I had the option of rebuilding the old trolley frame but think a double DI will be fine for about 3 hours. I just wasn’t sure how the flow rate would be etc, also if there was another cost effective option I hadn’t thought of for the first filter stage to bring TDS right down before the DI

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
7 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Better use a backpack or a few or you risk a claim.

I think you need to brush up on your reading skills 😅 the authors post states 100 large windows to be cleaned a backpack would be useless 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
2 hours ago, Dave Bass said:

It’s definitely good money but running the hoses through the building was never really an option

I had the option of rebuilding the old trolley frame but think a double DI will be fine for about 3 hours. I just wasn’t sure how the flow rate would be etc, also if there was another cost effective option I hadn’t thought of for the first filter stage to bring TDS right down before the DI

The only problem of filtering it first is if the pressure is low you will not produce pure quick enough to keep you going.

Share this post


Link to post
Dave Bass
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

The only problem of filtering it first is if the pressure is low you will not produce pure quick enough to keep you going.

That was one of my concerns, I wondered if anyone had done it to see how much it affected the pressure. 
 

I can visit the site to check pressure beforehand but no one is living there yet so I’ll wait until then to get a better idea

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer

Doubt you'll have any pressure, or any problems, with double DI.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.